Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You'll have to forgive me. Like an idiot I sold my cane in favor of the kirkhammer and struggled for 30 minutes before I bought a saw blade and said "fuck it." Gonna grind like hell and get past father what's his face.

Spike, do you have the music box from the little girl? Poppa G freaks when you use it on him in his second form. Also, I've noticed I had less troubles with him when I was sub lvl 20.

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
All of the soul games take patience to play. The beginning is usually the spot you have to grind.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Spike, do you have the music box from the little girl? Poppa G freaks when you use it on him in his second form. Also, I've noticed I had less troubles with him when I was sub lvl 20.

No! I can't find it... where do I acquire that little gem?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No! I can't find it... where do I acquire that little gem?

One of the windows that you can knock on is where the little girl is. I want to say if you go up the stairs where the two ogres with bricks are, (the staircase before the elevator is), she should be around there. This game needs a map :/

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
One of the windows that you can knock on is where the little girl is. I want to say if you go up the stairs where the two ogres with bricks are, (the staircase before the elevator is), she should be around there. This game needs a map :/

Okay cool. I'll check it out!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Getting further in the chalice dungeons, and yeah they're starting to get kinda hard. I'm interested in seeing how far I can go at my current level. Still haven't challenged the final boss(es).

Regarding the game's longevity, I think it's ultimately the same as every other Souls game: it's all about the PvP. I know not everyone is into that though.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Getting further in the chalice dungeons, and yeah they're starting to get kinda hard. I'm interested in seeing how far I can go at my current level. Still haven't challenged the final boss(es).

Regarding the game's longevity, I think it's ultimately the same as every other Souls game: it's all about the PvP. I know not everyone is into that though.

Where did you get ritual blood (2). I'm stuck in the first chalice. I need 2 more of those ritual (2) to do the final in the first set. I tried doing a root dungeon to farm some, but I'm just not getting it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Where did you get ritual blood (2). I'm stuck in the first chalice. I need 2 more of those ritual (2) to do the final in the first set. I tried doing a root dungeon to farm some, but I'm just not getting it.

You should be able to buy some with insight in the messenger's insight shop in the hunter's dream.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Man, I wish I had more time with this game. Got the shortcut to the first boss, but he's still manages to kill me everytime. I guess I can explore the sewers, but I'd rather get the first boss out of the way, upgrade, and then explore the rest of the areas.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Man, I wish I had more time with this game. Got the shortcut to the first boss, but he's still manages to kill me everytime. I guess I can explore the sewers, but I'd rather get the first boss out of the way, upgrade, and then explore the rest of the areas.

Yeah, beat the first boss. Just get behind him, and if he backs again a wall just get away and lure him to the middle.

Have you rung your resonance bell? Co op should be easy to find for him.

Make sure your weapon is upgraded if possible, and if using the cane, make it the whip.

Also, don't expend your stamina. You want to leave enough to always strafe away. So just him him a few times and be ready to run.
===================

I tried getting blood at the shop. No dice. I'm just going to come back after beating the prison and hope I luck out and find 2 more.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Started with the axe, but I think it's too slow. So I started a new character and went with the cane. Less damage sure...but the quick basic attack and longer reach while transformed is more suited to my playstyle. I made a b-line for Father Gascoigne and beat him without leveling up...and no music box.

Of course, I didn't realize that Father Gascoigne was the second boss, lol.

Bloodborne is a trial by fire for a casual player like myself, no question. But the reward for passing through a game like this has never been sweeter. It's the combination of nex-gen graphics coupled with old school pattern memorization. Playing this game brings me back in time. I'm nine years old again and I'm playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the first time.

That high you get for winning through learning cannot be bought over the counter or off the corner.

Bloodborne is the best game on PS4. The best game I've played since Bayonetta 2.

Last edited:

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Fuck my life after getting all the way to the lowest lvl chalice i realize the summoning ritual contains an ingredient that you can only get at the end of the game. I just finished my fucking ng+ and started ng++ because i was finishing up all the endings. Literally have to play through the whole game a third time to get this item to summon the last chalice and get to the last boss in it for the last trophy to platinum. Lvl 153 now

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Loving my kirkhammer! So fun to run around and be agile with a massive 2 hander. Just beat Rom and cleaned up some side bosses/hunters I missed/skipped. Still loving how the world is changing.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Question for all- will Dark Souls 2: SotFS feel ancient after getting used to Bloodborne? I know the game itself isn't really in the same quality strata as the rest of the series, but I'm debating picking it up. Granted, after playing Bloodborne, it seems like going back to slow, block/parry spamming could be, I dunno, boring.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Fuck my life after getting all the way to the lowest lvl chalice i realize the summoning ritual contains an ingredient that you can only get at the end of the game. I just finished my fucking ng+ and started ng++ because i was finishing up all the endings. Literally have to play through the whole game a third time to get this item to summon the last chalice and get to the last boss in it for the last trophy to platinum. Lvl 153 now
The living string? It's right near the blood rock.

Question for all- will Dark Souls 2: SotFS feel ancient after getting used to Bloodborne? I know the game itself isn't really in the same quality strata as the rest of the series, but I'm debating picking it up. Granted, after playing Bloodborne, it seems like going back to slow, block/parry spamming could be, I dunno, boring.

I would just stick with bloodborne till dark souls 2 is in the $20.00 area. It's just not as good as bloodborne.

I have no desire to play dark souls 2 anytime soon. But I have already been itching for dark souls 1 and demons souls.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I just got to the Forbidden Woods after beating The Witch and Vicar Amelia. I really like the area as it feels totally different compared to all the area's I've been through so far. I've been sticking with the the Axe which I have at +5 so far and Ludwig's Holy Blade +4 as a backup.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I would just stick with bloodborne till dark souls 2 is in the $20.00 area. It's just not as God as bloodborne.

I have no desire to play dark souls 2 anytime soon. But I have already been itching for dark souls 1 and demons souls.

I never did the DLC for Dark Souls 2. So I figure I'll grab the new version during the steam summer sale for probably 20 bucks or less. By then I'll be craving more souls. Going to be weird to slow back down and not have the quick side steps. I'll probably spam adaptation points just so I can get my iframes up and be all dodgey haha.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Does the stat build really dictate how I'll do? I've just been pouring everything into Vitality, Endurance and last priority has been strength.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does the stat build really dictate how I'll do? I've just been pouring everything into Vitality, Endurance and last priority has been strength.

It's does matter. I generally do 2 points in my weapon scaling stat, then one each in vitality and endurance. Once my stats hit around 25 I start putting my weapon scaling in another weapon scale for the weapon I use. And continue the 1 vitality and endurance. I eventually when I feel my endurance and vitality is good go back to my first weapon stat and get it to 40, no points anywhere else.

As a general rule of thumb get your weapon scaling high for damage, and keep working on that endurance and vitality. As it is important. Very important. Especially that endurance. With good endurance you can run, and most importantly combo enemies to stagger and kill them without having to run away and come back.

It's worth noting soft and hard cap in stats. Soft is about 25, hard about 40. The higher a stat the less benefit you get from a level. For example you might get 3 attack per level in strength up to 25. Then after 25 get 1 or 2 points attack per level. After 40 it might take 2 levels to get 1 attack point.

It's going to be slow coming against bosses with low weapon scaling. You really need to focus more on strength. A lot of them will one shot you anyway. You want to land the least amount of blows possible to kill them and rely more on real life skill.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
So, uh...
I just hit 40+ reserve insight on my character last night and went outside the Cathedral Ward area by the well and looked up.
Gif pretty much sums up my experience.
Seen some shit.gif

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Surprised no one is mentioning the Dark Souls 2 Remaster for PS4 coming out tomorrow. It has all of the DLC, gets the remaster treatment and they changed the enemy placement. Does the enemy placement and better frame-rate timing with the controls possibly fix some of the things wrong with this game?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

And thank fucking god they offered an offline mode and also that you have to initiate PvP in this game.

I love the brooding atmosphere. I love the tension and suspense.

I hate when it got ruined in the other Souls games by the invasion of some asshat.

If I wanted to play the game with others, I would do that.

Thank you Bloodborne for not forcing it on us this time out.

As it regards Dark Souls II for PS4, somebody's picking it up for me and insisting that I give it another try. So I'm gonna do that.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fuck DS2. The good aspects of it are like delicious skittles on a shit sundae.