Cobra Kai: Anyone watching?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
After saving Kumiko from Chozen...She decided to give her virginity to Daniel. They had a passionate summer...Pregnant and wanted to tell Daniel but Miyagi stopped her because Daniel was about to start college.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I am pretty sure this will be the greatest game ever created

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Spoiler:
Oh and because Alli is a doctor maybe she’ll be the one to save Miguel!!!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Some random trivia:
-Daniel's yellow 1947 Ford, his Karate trophy, and his headband are all the same ones from the original movie. They were gifted to Ralph Macchio after production on the film and he kept them all these years.

-The opening of season 1 includes unused footage and camera angles from the final fight in original film, mostly from Johnny's perspective. Most notable the close up of him getting kicked in the face.

-The OG Cobra Kai gang reunion in season 2 was easy to organize because the group actually all remained close friends all these years. Chad McQueen was busy with the motorsports team he owned, which is why Dutch is said to be in prison in season 2.

-When Daniel takes the kids to the meat locker for training, all the boxes are labeled "Fernandez Meats". In the original movie, Daniel's neighbor is Freddie Fernandez and he's wearing a shirt with two cartoon pigs fucking that says "Makin' Bacon" on it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I know this was an 80's franchise, but it feels more like a 90's TV show. Maybe that's because I can't remember too many 80's TV shows outside of cartoons.
The plot moves all sorts of ways for almost no reason. It's working for me, but anyone looking for an HBO level drama will be let down.

The cameo's and details from the original are something more of these reboots and or redo's need to note. I even saw Trudy from Facts of life make an appearance. Not a bad idea giving some other era actors a spot in the show. Worked well for Psych.

Season 3 - Can't wait.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I guess because of the resurgence in popularity on Netflix they started running this again at least on Hulu. I got a chuckle out of it the first time I saw it

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Kevin Smith fanboys hard but still a decent clip.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This is my prediction for season 3

-Daniel reasons that Robby has run away to Okinawa based on finding that book in his room in the season 2 finale, which is why Daniel returns there himself
-While in Okinawa, Daniel reconnects with Chozen who appears to have reformed. In the clip from season 3 it appears they are in a home dojo and there is a photo of Miyagi in the background; the only person we know of in Okinawa who is a practitioner of Miyagi-Do is Chozen.
-Chozen knows a secret Miyagi kept from Daniel, as we saw in the trailer. Possibly ties into Kumiko (maybe she was pregnant and they kept it from Daniel?), or some Miyagi-Do techniques Daniel was never taught.
-Ali returns to help Miguel's surgery/recovery, reconnects with Johnny
-While Daniel is in Okinawa, Kreese's influence over Cobra Kai endangers Sam and the former Miyagi-Do students to the point where they turn to Johnny for training
-Kreese's past ties in heavily. I'm almost positive we'll see Terry Silver, and maybe Mike Barnes
-Daniel and Robby eventually return, Daniel and Johnny begrudgingly team up to stop Kreese/Silver
-Tory turns out to be the daughter of Silver, Barnes, or Dutch
-Hawk becomes further and further unhinged until he reaches a breaking point and then slowly trends back towards redemption, like Johnny in the first movie
-Maybe Daniel's son actually does something other than play Nintendo Switch?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'd love to see Terry Silver again. Would be interesting to see why he stopped taking care of Kreese. Did he lose all his money after the All Valley tournament scandal?

Also, I'd LOVE to see Daniel get a real redemption against Mike Barnes. I understand the only thing holding him back in part 3 was his own fear but that was a much better story on paper than what ended up on film.

It's interesting how much mileage they've gotten out of part 3.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'd love to see Terry Silver again. Would be interesting to see why he stopped taking care of Kreese. Did he lose all his money after the All Valley tournament scandal?

Also, I'd LOVE to see Daniel get a real redemption against Mike Barnes. I understand the only thing holding him back in part 3 was his own fear but that was a much better story on paper than what ended up on film.

It's interesting how much mileage they've gotten out of part 3.

Kreese says in season 2 that an old army buddy offered him a job, but he viewed it as an act of charity and refused. So likely Silver is still rich and still willing to help out Kreese.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Kreese says in season 2 that an old army buddy offered him a job, but he viewed it as an act of charity and refused. So likely Silver is still rich and still willing to help out Kreese.

It is a credit to the show that we are discussing the deep mythos of The Karate Kid and Cobra Kai.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It is a credit to the show that we are discussing the deep mythos of The Karate Kid and Cobra Kai.

Yeah, the show has given me nostalgia for movies that I didn't ever really like as a kid (Karate Kid Parts II and III and Next Karate Kid).

famicommander

15 Year Member

I just realized that William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence) and Diora Baird (Shannon, Johnny's ex and Robby's mother) played a couple in Hot Tub Time Machine.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
how long till Daniel and Johnny join forces and fight Kreese?

I think we'll see a duality principle, or balance, take real shape in S03.

They always needed each other to have balance. It's a huge element of martial arts stories and this is a seed that's been waiting to sprout in this show for a while now.

But I also think we'll see Ali with an I come in and regulate to get them on the same page.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Was just thinking about this. It's rare and I am happy for those involved that they have pulled it off. They one up the Stranger Things model which is hinged on a pseudo-nostalgia fueled faux mythos. Organic 1 Plastic 0

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cobra Kai season 3 has been confirmed for January 8, 2021.

Netflix has also already renewed the show for season 4.