Fallout: New Vegas (new trailer 2/4)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
If you're not interested in the game, then don't post in the thread. Drink some real sugar soda or something.

Say man...no need to be nasty about it...

Like 90% of the other rambling nonsense on this board...I was simply posting a random deep thought by Jack Handey...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Like 90% of the other rambling nonsense on this board...I was simply posting a random deep thought by Jack Handey...

it wasn't even close to Jack Handey, you're basically just taking a digital poo. Next time, be more private about that.

evil son

Bead Banger
I'm scared of this game...I lost so many hours on fall out 3 back when it came out.don't remember the last time a game got me so immersedi got me the collectors ed from amazon.
I'm just hope obsidian did a good job on it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Can't fucking wait. From all accounts, it's even more similar to the first two games than 3 was (and I thought 3 was surprisingly true to the series' origins).

Too bad I'll only have a week to play it, but that's better than nothing I guess. ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Can't fucking wait. From all accounts, it's even more similar to the first two games than 3 was (and I thought 3 was surprisingly true to the series' origins).

Too bad I'll only have a week to play it, but that's better than nothing I guess. ;)

I am totally going to dedicate a week of playing this game. That should be like 120 hours? Should be enough for me to 100% it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Huh... Yeah, maybe if I play it to ridiculous levels I could at least beat it in that time. I won't have 120 hours to spend, though. I'd be lucky if I could scare up half of that. :lolz:

Good idea, though.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member

images

Im so excited about this Im having sleeping problems.
http://download.zenimax.com/bethblog/podcast/TheBethesdaPodcast_03.mp3
Radio Podcast from a couple weeks ago let out some more info about the game.

Sad to say but...Im gonna go try and hit up Walmart in the next couple days, they never give a shit about release dates. Ive gotten a few games several games a week+ before the street date.

What version should I get? I think Pc.

I checked out several mags last week at Borders and none of them had a real review yet that I saw. In fact they didnt even really review any games. What ever happened to reviewing them the month before they came out? They used to get a special version or some crap.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I still don't know which version I should get.
F3 on the PC was a constant crashfest but I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard playing such expansive games. Its cheaper on the PC too.

Damn decisions.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
F3 on the PC was a constant crashfest but I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard playing such expansive games. Its cheaper on the PC too.

Damn decisions.

If i had a good enough rig to play it on then its the PC all the way.

Edit - I was also getting worried it had been put back since ive not seen a advert yet, very unusual considering its less than a week to release. Has there been one in the states???

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I checked out several mags last week at Borders and none of them had a real review yet that I saw. In fact they didnt even really review any games. What ever happened to reviewing them the month before they came out? They used to get a special version or some crap.

It seems that reviews are going the way of the dinosaur. I guess companies are too afraid of dumping millions into a game only to have it bashed via reviews a few months before release and losing sales because of it.

Things like Rotten tomatoes have also changed the movie reviewing landscape...it seems early review for films are getting more and more rare.

(not that this is a great revelation) It seems the Internet has changed everything...this is part of the reason I'm waiting a bit for New Vegas to settle. I only have so much time to devote to gaming anymore so I have to be very choosy about my long term, mass hours gaming...

Damn decisions.

Man, it wasn't much better on the PS3...that game crashed more times than I can count and it always seemed to happen at the worst times to...

I REALLY hope they worked this out on New Vegas...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I've heard the 360 of F3 was more stable. The PC version virtually crashed at every third door for me and sometimes when I had to open my inventory and all kinds of shit. Happend under XP and 7.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've heard the 360 of F3 was more stable. The PC version virtually crashed at every third door for me and sometimes when I had to open my inventory and all kinds of shit. Happend under XP and 7.

I guess I'll amend my statement a bit...

Plain old FO3 was pretty stable...possibly one crash per 10 hours of gameplay...

FO3 with Broken Steel installed = crash city. Playing Broken Steel was nearly impossible as it would crash so often I could never advance. Eventually I had to literally save every 10min because it would jam up so much. I finally got through it but the last part of BS took hours.

Since installing the BS and PL packs the crash rate rose to one every 2-3 hours of gameplay...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Plain old FO3 was pretty stable...possibly one crash per 10 hours of gameplay...

FO3 with Broken Steel installed = crash city. Playing Broken Steel was nearly impossible as it would crash so often I could never advance. Eventually I had to literally save every 10min because it would jam up so much. I finally got through it but the last part of BS took hours.

Since installing the BS and PL packs the crash rate rose to one every 2-3 hours of gameplay...

FO3 on the PS3 was not easy to play with the DLCs, and I am certain that Bethesda knew this before releasing them, and tried to correct the issue. That's the real reason why the DLCs took so long.

Without the DLCs, yeah, you could have some burps in the game, but it rarely shit its pants. Usually the only times it would were when I would be running in the wasteland and enemies might zone in and out of the screen.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
FO3 on the PS3 was not easy to play with the DLCs, and I am certain that Bethesda knew this before releasing them, and tried to correct the issue. That's the real reason why the DLCs took so long.

Without the DLCs, yeah, you could have some burps in the game, but it rarely shit its pants. Usually the only times it would were when I would be running in the wasteland and enemies might zone in and out of the screen.

Pre DLC gaming it would only crash in the city for some reason...normally when a ton of Super Mutants were on the scene or when there was a large scale chain reaction vehicle explosion.

Post DLC it was anybody's guess. Often the game would get "gummy" and start lagging, this would go on for a few min before something else would happen:

-sometimes it seems like the PS3 would self correct and things would start moving normally
-sometimes it would lock up for 10-20 seconds then resume
-more often than not it would crash completely

This crash would almost always be during a fight or during a quick-load screen (going into buildings, tunnels, subway) where the screen momentarily goes black and gives you a progress display. Rarely did it happen on mass-loading screens with the slide show.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Possible. I bought all the DLC for the PC and I think the crash rate really went up after installing BS too but don't quote me on that. I hate all this DLC bullshit anyway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pre DLC gaming it would only crash in the city for some reason...normally when a ton of Super Mutants were on the scene or when there was a large scale chain reaction vehicle explosion.

Post DLC it was anybody's guess. Often the game would get "gummy" and start lagging, this would go on for a few min before something else would happen:

-sometimes it seems like the PS3 would self correct and things would start moving normally
-sometimes it would lock up for 10-20 seconds then resume
-more often than not it would crash completely

This crash would almost always be during a fight or during a quick-load screen (going into buildings, tunnels, subway) where the screen momentarily goes black and gives you a progress display. Rarely did it happen on mass-loading screens with the slide show.

Yeah, the game had annoying issues. I still managed to play it relentlessly. And I imagine that I will be hard pressed to resist the lure of New Vegas in 3 days..

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Possible. I bought all the DLC for the PC and I think the crash rate really went up after installing BS too but don't quote me on that. I hate all this DLC bullshit anyway.

I played it first on the 360, crashed maybe 3 times ever with all the expansions and but Im not sure Ive had a true crash that prob wasnt my fault on the Pc, I get some stutters though here and there when I set the resolutions too high though. Ive only played it about half way though on the pc but Ive also got a couple mods running as well.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I can't even get my F3 running anymore on this PC, it just freezes the whole PC when I try to start a new game or load an old one. Can't figure out what causes...and yes, I got the newest graphics card drivers, directx etc.

This is also on of the main reason why I'm still not sure if I should get the PC version of NV.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've got both Fallout 3 on PC and 360 and the PC version crashed a lot more on me, but the game runs a lot nicer on my PC then the 360. That's one of the things holding me back from getting NV at launch. I hope they don't put themselves in a corner like Bethesda did where you can't go back after beating the game. I got so pissed off that I beat the game with my unarmed character then only to find out I couldn't put Broken Steel on the game because I didn't make the character on a Windows Live server, so all that time went down the shitter.

I'm still going to get the game, I'm just going to wait and hear which one the game runs better on. I really liked playing it on PC, the 360 version is fine but the game just looks better on my PC, just sucks it crashed more often.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I'll most likely get the game (PS3). Not sure if it'll be day one.
I'm surprised that there are no reviews up already.