Fallout: New Vegas (new trailer 2/4)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
They've made it pretty clear that the Commonwealth is in Canada (which makes sense, since this is a commonwealth country). Pretty far away from New England... Unless it's in New Brunswick or something. Which I doubt.

One of the few times I'll point towards a Wiki... always seemed to me that is was New England, especially given that Mass. is called the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Unless there is something I didn't catch from not playing downloads (heard PS3 ones are still extra crashy)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Commonwealth

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was under the impression Mass was where the Commonwealth was too, at least based on the Internet Speculation. As an American I thought it was at least in the upper New England area. It could very well conceivably go up in to Canada, of course.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Hey Lagduf, have you ever tried Twilight 2000? Its an old pen & paper game from the 80's, although they reprinted part of it a few years back. I think you'd really like it.

Phyeir

It wouldn't surprise me, if 'Rondo is as strong as it's hinted that maybe they are part of a larger Commonwealth. But given how broken up everything seems to be in the East from what we see, who knows. All I know is CT as to be a fucking irradiated hell hole (well, more irradiated than most places) due to CT being so damn close to NYC. That thing had to be sank from just massive bombing.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I would have imagined DC to actually be more destroyed than it actually was. I mean, it would only make sense to drop dozens of nukes on that city to ensure the seat of American government was destroyed.

I've mused over the idea of only the USA being destroyed in the Fallout timeline. Like maybe China got a legit sneak attack off.

Or maybe only China and the USA destroyed each other with the rest of the world doing somewhat okay.

Phyeir

When reading up on Alaska, they actually were going to cover that in Fallout Xtreme (would have been for Xbox) where you are a part of a team that eventually gets over to China and discover that they have one last bomb to destroy the USA for good. You stop that, of course.

Glad they didn't cover it, because in my own mind from my experience of it, I'd like to think they governments are pretty much gone and are more focused on just trying to reestablish things, but in their own twisted ways, like The Enclave. No fun if the story of the two most interesting nations in this struggle (cuz they are the directly hit ones) are gone.

Hell, I'd like to see a whole game that is JUST in China. That'd be interesting to see, especailly given that the US had started doing ground battles over there. There could be an old US faction maintained there.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It would be awesome if there was a Chinese equivalent of Vaults.

OR if the US had some secret vaults they hurriedly built in China, during the War. Imagine the soldiers inside the vault. NUCLEAR FUCKING WAR, and so then they just chill out inside. Then a descendant of the vault emerges hundreds of years later.

I've got no problem with the vault dweller thing. I actually liked how they incorporated it in F3 (where you weren't a true vault dweller)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
You know, all this talk about the world of Fallout has me thinking they should do a MMO, too. I'd definitely play.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
You know, all this talk about the world of Fallout has me thinking they should do a MMO, too. I'd definitely play.

Weren't they planning to do one a while back but it got canceled? Or am I mixing it up with Command & Conquer?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
MMO was in the works, Bethesda sued the developer for breach of contract (apparently for lack of progress on the game).

I think it's dead in the water at this point.

Maybe in the near future?

Phyeir

OR if the US had some secret vaults they hurriedly built in China, during the War. Imagine the soldiers inside the vault. NUCLEAR FUCKING WAR, and so then they just chill out inside. Then a descendant of the vault emerges hundreds of years later.

That would be just fantastically interesting, as long as they have it so that the Vault Dweller & those in the Vault had learned Chinese (you know, so they can communicate and not just shoot everyone for speaking something they don't know). They have Battle Armor over there, so you could probably start off right away with that, too.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Sure seems like nobody on that site liked FO3 very much. What gives?
Whomever wrote that article is one jaded motherfucker.

"Trite single-player experience" in FO3?

Sorry your underperforming system gets shitty ports, but that's absolutely no license to say radically ignorant things.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I'm sure it's not true to what it will really look like but for some reason the graphics on that demo video look like shit.

What...!?!? It looks much the same as Fallout 3. The animations are a bit rough at times, I guess (those dancers didn't exactly look top notch), but that's all I'd criticize about it.

It's the same graphics engine. They'll probably reuse a lot of the same assets. I don't think it'll look worse at all — why would I?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That trailer didn't leave me too pumped. I have a feeling NV is going to be more of the same and not have the charm that made F3 so great.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
That trailer didn't leave me too pumped. I have a feeling NV is going to be more of the same and not have the charm that made F3 so great.

I tend to agree, but that's exactly why I am pumped. More Fallout 3? Yes please.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I tend to agree, but that's exactly why I am pumped. More Fallout 3? Yes please.

If the quests, characters, and environments aren't engaging then I don't see myself purchasing this, but hopefully the game will be fun.

I don't expect it to be better than Fallout 3, but I'm still looking forward to this game. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

The addition of melee special moves was a good idea, as I never cared for the melee combat in F3. I hope they tweaked combat in a few other ways as well.

Combat was way to easy in F3. Far too easy to get uber powerful and far to easy to always score a headshot on every single hit.

I'll probably crank the difficulty up on this one.

And for fucks sake let us have sex with prostitutes and kill children.

More weapons, gear, and items plz. WAY MORE.

Also improve the crafting system, or just drop it completely.

Last edited:

Heath

, cheyne stoking
4 days till release:buttrock:looking forward to seeing how different hardcode mode is. I should also start stocking up on food, beer, cigs & the telling my mates i'll see them around next march.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm going to pass on this one for now. First off, I really don't have the time at the moment, second I'm going to let my buddies dig into it and give me their opinions...