mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I just tried this game online for the first time and it was almost unplayable. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Gonna be on xbl in a little while here. If anyone wants to do tag matches, I'd like that, I'm using Noob & Smoke. SetaSouji I owe you some matches.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Curse you PSN. It maybe time to get a 360. I really need to play some human opponents.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So I finally broke down and bought this mother fucker. After weeks of hating this online pass code bullshit, and feeling burnt on the last few titles, I couldn't just sit by and not play it while everybody gushes over it like it's the new MKII. And you know what? It's fucking awesome. Holy shit, is it awesome. I sat down and played 2 hours of it and didn't even realize it (which is incredible, considering I don't play games nowadays for much longer than 30 minutes). I take back all the hating I did on this game; it rocks THAT much that I can overlook it's shitty online pass code bullshit.

However, I did notice that my red moves (ex moves?) came out with no sort of regularity. Anybody else have this problem? It's simply adding RT to the move, so it's not like it's rocket science or anything, but I'll be damned if a lot of times it just won't come out. At all. Maybe there's a way to configure the controller setup. I'll look into it. Can't have ex moves just not happening.

Haven't hit online, yet. Sucks to hear it's crap. I'm content with learning the game before I start playing others, so they better get on the damn ball and fix some shit.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Most people that play with a fight pad have that issue. Also, we need more people in on the late night matches. It's good shit

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
However, I did notice that my red moves (ex moves?) came out with no sort of regularity. Anybody else have this problem? It's simply adding RT to the move, so it's not like it's rocket science or anything, but I'll be damned if a lot of times it just won't come out. At all. Maybe there's a way to configure the controller setup. I'll look into it. Can't have ex moves just not happening.

I have this problem with EX moves as well. I think it's just my bad execution though. The timing must be pretty strict. Happens to me online mostly. Usually don't have an issue playing story mode or arcade ladder.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So I finally broke down and bought this mother fucker. After weeks of hating this online pass code bullshit, and feeling burnt on the last few titles, I couldn't just sit by and not play it while everybody gushes over it like it's the new MKII. And you know what? It's fucking awesome. Holy shit, is it awesome.

X-Pac_2.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have this problem with EX moves as well. I think it's just my bad execution though. The timing must be pretty strict. Happens to me online mostly. Usually don't have an issue playing story mode or arcade ladder.

The timing is insanely strict. It really doesn't make any sense, because the game gives you a retarded amount of leeway for everything else. I think it comes down to the microseconds it takes to fully push in the RT that doesn't EXACTLY coincide with the almost instantaneously pressing of the face buttons. It's kind of stupid. I've gotten a lot more regularity out of pressing the RT button slightly first, and then the face button. Damn pads.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Setherial will be coming this saturday, going to play some MK. I will most likely get owned hard but that's oke.
Will be nice for a change not getting owned by the computer.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Almost a month in and still playing this game. I'm still having a lot of fun in the matches where I get creamed. The online is spotty, but overall it's a great package. I should be on for a few games tonight if anyone is interested.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
are the timing for combo's super strict or is my setup whacked?
i was doing the training thing and have a hard time with J.cages square, triangle ,x 3 button combo (whatever it displays) . also have problem with tag specials

i ask since my ps3 is on older firmware i had to do some shenanigans to get it to work right.. my first attempt led to no x-rays so im thinking it may my system

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
Almost a month in and still playing this game. I'm still having a lot of fun in the matches where I get creamed. The online is spotty, but overall it's a great package. I should be on for a few games tonight if anyone is interested.

Damn I must have just missed you last night. I got on for the first time in a week for some games and nobody was playing. I'll be on tonight if anyone wants some easy wins.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i was doing the training thing and have a hard time with J.cages square, triangle ,x 3 button combo (whatever it displays) . also have problem with tag specials

i ask since my ps3 is on older firmware i had to do some shenanigans to get it to work right.. my first attempt led to no x-rays so im thinking it may my system

Might be lcd lag too. Although I don't think it would be so bad that you couldn't do fairly simple combos.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,

I had to get used to the input in this game. You can't input each moves after the last move is over. You essentially have to input them in a quick string to get them to combo properly.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Major balance patch tonight. Apparently baraka got a significant buff, as did sheeva. Will check it out later.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
You just said something I love and that Jedah and Moon are gonna hate. Also, I'm now on.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Kostume Pack comes out June 7th for 400MSP. Includes ALL the costumes so at 50 cents a costume it's a good deal.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Kostume Pack comes out June 7th for 400MSP. Includes ALL the costumes so at 50 cents a costume it's a good deal.

I'm sad they're charging to unlock the costumes/3 fatalities. Really thought they would just do a timed release for people that didn't have them unlocked from their pre-orders.

I'm not a big fan of paying extra for content that came with the game but was withheld for specific retailers.