mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
My copy finally showed up, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Hm....what about that (windy palm?) combo that people cancel with a tornado spin? could you add the "lead the way" combo after that? I'm guessing lead the way is the 3 hit kick combo.

(1,1,2,1, <-3, 3, 3)

Sorry for the dumb questions.

My fault, you can cancel into specials off 2, 1, 2, 1. Are you just trying to recreate Lao's MK3 HPHPLPLKLKHK combo? You can get it off a juggle in the corner or midscreen, which requires some 1, 2 dash canceling.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My copy finally showed up, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully tonight.
You'll find something to complain about, you always do.

If I have something to complain about it would be the way the characters stand up after a Xray move when their life is zero and then they just collapse on the floor all over again. I dunno if its just a thing to keep in par with the previous games or is just poor QA but it looks silly, however this is a minor thing and it doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
My fault, you can cancel into specials off 2, 1, 2, 1. Are you just trying to recreate Lao's MK3 HPHPLPLKLKHK combo? You can get it off a juggle in the corner or midscreen, which requires some 1, 2 dash canceling.

Pretty much something like the the MK3 combo, yes.

Here's a pretty close example to what I'm talking about.

Although Goro blocked the first few hits it looked like he successfully canceled the Windy Palm combo into the chained fist combo.

And from the looks it, I guess the finisher for chained fist is automatic and can only be canceled with a special...not another combo like "Lead the way".

So the only way to reconcile with this is to cancel chained fist with the tornado spin, then hold him in place with an ex hat throw, dash forward and THEN lay down the 3 kicks.

Kinda sucks though....juggling doesn't look as visually appealing as a string of grounded hits.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ironically, I think I'm actually one of the less complain-y people here when it comes to games, generally speaking.
Yeah sure. 90% of the people here complain and that's ok, it's their right to do so. Try selling that line to someone that hasn't read your banter.

Don't you tell me nothing about ironic, friend!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah sure. 90% of the people here complain and that's ok, it's their right to do so. Try selling that line to someone that hasn't read your banter.
I don't even know what you are trying to say here. But I can tell you I'm not one of the people who bitches about every new game, and about how video games all suck now compared to the "old days" or whatever. I didn't find one million little things to cry about with every new Playmore release over the last 8 years. Things have changed, gone 3D or whatever else, and usually, I'm fine with it. Other than MvC3, I don't remember having any major complaints recently.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
all those times he was piggy backin on my SF4 hate he was joking. He told me he just thought that "Crank Yankers graphics" comment was kinda funny.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think any time anyone sees anybody complain about anything, they just assume it's me. This isn't the first time with the SF4 thing, and I've never had anything bad to say about that game.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I could've swore he was complaining about how the fireballs looked when the game first came out. Could be wrong, though. It's happened before.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
im seeing 1,2,3,4 being used around most of the internet with no explanation.

lp hp lk hk?
lp lk hp hk?
hp hk lp lk?

also this game is awesome, wish psn wasnt down. reminds me of the old times spent playing mk2.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I could've swore he was complaining about how the fireballs looked when the game first came out. Could be wrong, though. It's happened before.

No idea what you're talking about. Nothing wrong with the fireballs. In fact, not only have I not complained about that, I don't think I've seen anyone else complain about it either. Even Spin.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Pretty much something like the the MK3 combo, yes.

Here's a pretty close example to what I'm talking about.

Although Goro blocked the first few hits it looked like he successfully canceled the Windy Palm combo into the chained fist combo.

And from the looks it, I guess the finisher for chained fist is automatic and can only be canceled with a special...not another combo like "Lead the way".

So the only way to reconcile with this is to cancel chained fist with the tornado spin, then hold him in place with an ex hat throw, dash forward and THEN lay down the 3 kicks.

Kinda sucks though....juggling doesn't look as visually appealing as a string of grounded hits.

Lao's 1, 1, 2 is safe on block with great recovery as well dash cancelable, which is why he could follow up with 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 (even if it was an accident). You could just do 1, 1, 2, spin, u2, dash 1, 1, 2, 1, dash b3, 3, 3, teleport, 3/4. You may sub 1, 1, 2 starter with 2, 1 or 2, 4. Of course the damage isn't there, but you can get the old combo off the juggle without wasting unnecessary meter

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
im seeing 1,2,3,4 being used around most of the internet with no explanation.

lp hp lk hk?
lp lk hp hk?
hp hk lp lk?

also this game is awesome, wish psn wasnt down. reminds me of the old times spent playing mk2.

1 = front punch
2 = back punch
3 = front kick
4 = back kick

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
reminds me of the old times spent playing mk2.

It's pretty incredible isn't it. Last night, I got together with some friends, ordered a pizza and LOOKED UP FATALITIES ON THE INTERNET. We played for hours.

Hello middle school!

It was honestly surreal. Everyone loved the new MK...which was a pleasant surprise.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
In Kitana's primary damage concept, check the blood marks on her ass.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
1 = front punch
2 = back punch
3 = front kick
4 = back kick

Thought so, thanks.

It's pretty incredible isn't it. Last night, I got together with some friends, ordered a pizza and LOOKED UP FATALITIES ON THE INTERNET. We played for hours.

Hello middle school!

It was honestly surreal. Everyone loved the new MK...which was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, what made it even more unexpected was that sf4 should've had as big if not bigger of an impact and it more or less fell flat (except the two friends I have who play fighters all the time.) Mk everyone wants to play. None of that "oh I don't play fighters they're too hard" and lots of "fuck you stop spamming scorpions teleport!" Its pretty awesome. I've never really seen many of my friends into a game like this since elementary school.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
The rage you can induce online is glorious too. I've had no less than 3 people scream at me over the mic before raging half way through the first round.

I can't even count how many pulled the plug during a fatality. I love this game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think any time anyone sees anybody complain about anything, they just assume it's me. This isn't the first time with the SF4 thing, and I've never had anything bad to say about that game.
You just have that old fuck label you know. Not an old fart nor an old dude but you know, an old fuck!

george-carlin-rh04.jpg

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Anyone have any Sub-Zero tips? I was trying to decide if I should main him or Kung Lao since they were my two favorites back in the day and I'm leaning towards Sub-Zero.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Anyone have any Sub-Zero tips? I was trying to decide if I should main him or Kung Lao since they were my two favorites back in the day and I'm leaning towards Sub-Zero.

Not sure if it has been posted already, but this may help a bit:

(originally made by HardEdge.org and posted at cyberfanatix.com)