NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Remember that time Habs fans were clamoring over Pacioretty broken jaw on the ice?

it’s a violent sport. Embrace it. We have enough people trying to add speed bumps on roads, and speed cameras, and crosswalks. How much of life needs to be slowed down to the point where no one can go anywhere, no one can do anything?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Remember that time fans were clamoring over Pacioretty broken jaw on the ice?

it’s a violent sport. Embrace it. We have enough people trying to add speed bumps on roads, and speed cameras, and crosswalks. How much of life needs to be slowed down to the point where no one can go anywhere, no one can do anything?
Intentionally trying to injure people because you're getting your ass kicked is over the line.

The Avs' Kadri got an 8 game suspension for less than what Reaves did to Graves last night.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Intentionally trying to injure people because you're getting your ass kicked is over the line.

The Avs' Kadri got an 8 game suspension for less than what Reaves did to Graves last night.
the line is nuanced. I don’t know what fans expect, but deliberately laying a massive hit on an opposing player is part of the game. Crossing the line would be trying to cripple a player, or kill them. But otherwise there’s got to be a reason the NHL appoints former enforcers to director of player safety.

famicommander

15 Year Member
the line is nuanced. I don’t know what fans expect, but deliberately laying a massive hit on an opposing player is part of the game. Crossing the line would be trying to cripple a player, or kill them. But otherwise there’s got to be a reason the NHL appoints former enforcers to director of player safety.
Did you even see what he did? After the whistle he cross-checked the goalie in the back of the head, grabbed Ryan Graves by the neck, threw him to the ice, then put his shin into Graves neck and face.

The Pacioretty hit on Girard in the first tweet was closer to a hockey play but he deliberately targeted the head and that's not okay.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Life long hockey fan and player here. Also a redwings fan, who last night was cheering for the AVs, because Vegas is dirty bitches.

The hit on Girard was direct to the head and right there I knew Vegas was just going to start hurting people.

Reaves is a punk ass bitch who shouldn't have even been playing this game. He should have been suspended for crisscrossing a MN player into the crossbar last game.

No respect for intent to injure. Sure, it's a violent sport, but there are lines, and Vegas crossed them. I hope those pieces of shit get swept.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Life long hockey fan and player here. Also a redwings fan, who last night was cheering for the AVs, because Vegas is dirty bitches.

The hit on Girard was direct to the head and right there I knew Vegas was just going to start hurting people.

Reaves is a punk ass bitch who shouldn't have even been playing this game. He should have been suspended for crisscrossing a MN player into the crossbar last game.

No respect for intent to injure. Sure, it's a violent sport, but there are lines, and Vegas crossed them. I hope those pieces of shit get swept.
Red Wings fan?
FriendlyGentleKillifish-max-1mb.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It didn’t seem like it was that bad in slo mo. If Grubauer wanted to be protected, should have stayed in DC.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It didn’t seem like it was that bad in slo mo. If Grubauer wanted to be protected, should have stayed in DC.
Eh, it's definitely on the weaker side of sucker punches, but it's still a sucker punch

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Snyder is the ultimate fucks given try hard with shit to show for it.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Omg. These dumb ass sideshow just gave the game away ... missed dunk and easy 2s

famicommander

15 Year Member
That was one of the worst foul calls I have ever seen in my life at the end of regulation. Straight up hot fucking garbage. Horrible. They waited to see if Lillard hit the shot, called a late ass phantom foul when he missed it, then didn't have the balls to admit they fucked up on the challenge

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Golden Knights' Ryan Reaves was handed a 2 game suspension...should've been for the rest of the playoffs.

Nets dispatch Celtics, Suns whooped up the Lakers by 30 and the Nuggets beat the Blazers in 2OT. Suns and Nuggets are both up 3-2 in their respective series.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Reaves was way over the line with that play. I love that he's a tough enforcer, but pulling that move, especially when it didn't make a lick of difference in the game, was uncalled for and his suspension was well earned.

That said, I hope VGK can take tonight's game and eventually the series. Going to be really tough though.

The Suns trouncing the Lakers last night gave me the biggest sports boner I've had in a long time. LeBum went to the locker room in the middle of the 4th quarter. Great leadership there. :P

Here's to hoping they can close them out in Game 6 in LA and humble the fuck out of them again.

I'm convinced Damian Lilliard isn't even human. Those clutch and way beyond the arc 3-pointers were insane. Helluva game.