NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Vegas shit the bed. Im so distraught. Really thought the Knights had them there. Oh well everyone around me is happy so thats something.

I hope the Islanders beat Tampa and then beat Montreal after that. Be some good Justice on my end.
Look dude, as someone who has experienced a few championship winning nights (with the best being the World Cup in France 98, total party for a week), you want the cup back in Canada. It’s a huge deal. Cup in Vegas? Life as usual, go to work, whatever guy. Cup in Canada? There wouldn’t be enough beer for that kegger.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Look dude, as someone who has experienced a few championship winning nights (with the best being the World Cup in France 98, total party for a week), you want the cup back in Canada. It’s a huge deal. Cup in Vegas? Life as usual, go to work, whatever guy. Cup in Canada? There wouldn’t be enough beer for that kegger.
Yeah. Like I said everyone else is happy. Thats cool but I like Vegas, I like the team and the players. I may be Canadian but in real Canadian fashion I enjoy the sport in itself nomatter where the team is located.

Im not a big fan of the east either. I mean if it was Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg I'd be a little more hyped. Ive been an Islanders fan since I was 7 so theres that too. I collected hockey cards as a kid till my brother sold them off. Had a bunch during the dynasty that my uncle passed down.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah. Like I said everyone else is happy. Thats cool but I like Vegas, I like the team and the players. I may be Canadian but in real Canadian fashion I enjoy the sport in itself nomatter where the team is located.

Im not a big fan of the east either. I mean if it was Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg I'd be a little more hyped. Ive been an Islanders fan since I was 7 so theres that too. I collected hockey cards as a kid till my brother sold them off. Had a bunch during the dynasty that my uncle passed down.
Are you 50?

I don’t think anyone was really collecting hockey cards until Gretzky.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ok, because that dynasty was even before I understood hockey. It was back when the best video games were not on home consoles at all.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nah, not true. The Golden Knights fan base out here is huge and fanatical. The city would blow the hell up. Each and every bar is full with fans and revelers every time they're in the playoffs.

There's a connection we have to the team here that others don't because of the mass shooting that occurred four years ago just before their first season started. They became a beacon of local pride and support, and the players did a lot for the community in the aftermath outside of the game. Add the fact that they're our very first ever pro team after trying so hard for so many decades to get one.

Needless to say, I/we are really bummed they lost.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The NLL is targeting these markets for future expansion and is in active discussions with groups in at least a few of them:
Boston
Chicago
Houston
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Tampa
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg
Edmonton

All NHL markets except Houston and SF, which are NBA markets. That's where these teams tend to do the best since you literally just have to drain the ice and put down a turf carpet to turn your NHL rink into an NLL field. Same safety nets, same boards, same glass, same size playing surface, same viewing angles.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There's not enough discussion for each sport to have its own thread. When we try that they always get bumped down the page and forgotten in a couple weeks.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Jason kidd become Dallas new coach , personally i think they will go as far as happy and healthy doncic can take em offensively, they are near the top of league already , defensive wise they wont be improving . can see that porzingis usage has gone down . if they plan to moved KP to save cap, get a player like like pj tucker or covington, would fit better in their offense .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s not a confidence inducer as far as I am concerned. Kidd is a local hero. These stories sputter out and die in silent oblivion

Like tears

In the rain

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bucks whoop up on the Hawks badly.

Lightning punch their Stanley Cup Finals ticket with a 1-0 win over the Islanders...and a short-handed goal at that.

racecar

20 Year Member
It’s not a confidence inducer as far as I am concerned. Kidd is a local hero. These stories sputter out and die in silent oblivion

Like tears

In the rain
Rick carlisle said Mavs and jkidd is a perfect marriage... I think jkidd had some domestic violence issues with his wife lol

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Time to close out the Clippers tonight. Fingers and toes crossed.

I just hope it's a better shooting game than Game 4. That fourth quarter was extremely painful for both teams.

racecar

20 Year Member
Time to close out the Clippers tonight. Fingers and toes crossed.

I just hope it's a better shooting game than Game 4. That fourth quarter was extremely painful for both teams.
maybe booker will show up drop 40 to closed em out ...its just a maybe

racecar

20 Year Member
Shit since Chris Paul come back not looking too good maybe it’s just a Chris Paul thing but the offence need to be running faster pace with booker/Payne attacking to rim. Not cp3 slowly dribbling up court,into the paint and stalling the run and gun and giving clips time to recover on D

It’s pg13 dropping 40 to take this back to LA

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well that went well...

What a shitshow. They played like the 2018 Suns. Booker hero ball and iso. Timid Ayton. Weird rotations that made little sense. CP3 was also slow and off, playing like he did when he first joined the team.

Onto game 6. Hopefully they revert back to the play-style and energy that got them the Denver sweep.