NBA/NHL 2021 seasons

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So as the updated NHL scheduling goes, the Coyotes will end up playing St. Louis seven times in a row (AZ went 3-1 there this past week), then they'll play the currently COVID stricken Minnesota and Colorado the following eight games after that.

So far, there's been nearly 30 games postponed and rescheduled. However the Canadian teams which play their games separate from the U.S. teams have reported ZERO cases of COVID amongst all of the players.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
So as the updated NHL scheduling goes, the Coyotes will end up playing St. Louis seven times in a row (AZ went 3-1 there this past week), then they'll play the currently COVID stricken Minnesota and Colorado the following eight games after that.

So far, there's been nearly 30 games postponed and rescheduled. However the Canadian teams which play their games separate from the U.S. teams have reported ZERO cases of COVID amongst all of the players.

It's Canada, they have like 6 people

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A nice bump and as the NBA season marches on, Utah and Phoenix are setting the pace. With James out over at Lakerland and the Clippers on a losing streak, Denver is taking advantage and moving up fast. As far as the standings, the East has only 5 teams with winning records while all 8 playoff qualifying teams out West all are above .500.

Coyotes had a nice streak going until last night when they got spanked by the Avs 9-3 as they start their 9 game road trip. Could be worse: Buffalo had an 18 game losing streak that they finally snapped. With only 7 wins and 30 points out of 3rd place out East, they are sucking hard :p

D-backs lose on opening day. No shock there. At least the Rattlers return to play in the IFL in a couple of weeks :)

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
denver is nice team to watch , AG is a good fit and he seem to be playing good D .

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs gonna win it all this year. Nugs can make noise but if the Lakers are fully healthy they're a tough out.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs won again tonight. They're 11-0-2 in their last 13 games. Putting up 4.62 goals per game, giving up 1.85.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Seeing Phoenix do this well is cleansing of my sports soul.

10 years (sans the 13/14 season) of losing failure and absurd blowouts. Now they're the second best team in the league.

Excited to see their game against the Jazz on Wednesday. Prime opportunity to move up a notch towards first place.

Glad to see the Lakers tanking with Lebron and Davis out. My biggest fear, however, is they end up the opposite seed against the Suns with James and Davis back and healthy.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avalanche just snapped Minnesota's 11 game home winning streak.

Avs are now 13-0-2 in their last 15 games.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Columbus Blue Jackets are still in the playoff race, but have a hard road ahead having to play the Lightning four more times. Even if CBJ makes it, I think the division will be very tough to get to the NHL semis. Lack of a first line center, they play down to teams that are worse than them, and get outshot nearly every game. Merzlikins and Korpisalo are solid goaltenders, but need more offense.

racecar

20 Year Member
Seeing Phoenix do this well is cleansing of my sports soul.

10 years (sans the 13/14 season) of losing failure and absurd blowouts. Now they're the second best team in the league.

Excited to see their game against the Jazz on Wednesday. Prime opportunity to move up a notch towards first place.

Glad to see the Lakers tanking with Lebron and Davis out. My biggest fear, however, is they end up the opposite seed against the Suns with James and Davis back and healthy.
All they needed was Chris Pauls leadership

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Never saw a team pull their goalie when down 3-0, but I guess Lightning had to be that team. Good thing CBJ won 4-2. :)

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Never saw a team pull their goalie when down 3-0, but I guess Lightning had to be that team. Good thing CBJ won 4-2. :)
I had watched an old game where the Winnipeg Jets pulled their goalie for an extra attacker against the Oilers in the second period. I can't find what game it was. The team went with an extra attacker for a really long time.

Schnitzel

back to basics
15 Year Member
Is this Mantha guy the Caps traded for any good? Seemed like a steep price.

famicommander

15 Year Member
He's a solid scorer and he's huge. Not too many forwards in this league are 6'5" and 235 pounds. Hard to move him from in front of the net, vicious checker, and he'll get you 20-30 goals + 20-30 assists in a normal year.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs added some solid depth without trading any roster players or high picks. I'll take it.

They brought back a forward and a defenseman who used to play here, Carl Soderberg and Patrik Nemeth. Soderberg figures to play on the lower lines and add size and depth scoring. Nemeth is probably just injury insurance as the Avs are already really deep on defense.

And after ending up playing their fourth option at goalie two years in a row in the playoffs due to injury, they picked up Devan Dubnyk to compete for the #2 spot. Grubauer is playing out of his mind this year but he has had problems staying healthy for a lot of his career.

Avs won tonight, 4-2. Best record in the NHL right now with 62 points.

famicommander

15 Year Member
welp, there goes the Nuggets season. Looks like Jamal Murray just blew a knee out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chances were that Vrana wasn’t re-signing so it was ok. And our picks are always at the ass end of the round.

Fygee

20 Year Member
That Phoenix / Utah game last week was some of the most exciting regular season basketball I've seen in a while. Fantastic game.

Suns also broke all kinds of three point records in yesterday's Houston game (which is just odd considering how close it was for the Rockets being really bad).

Phoenix is now ranked Number 1 on the NBA power ratings. I believe that's the first time since the mid 00's.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Torn ACL confirmed for Jamal Murray. 9-12 months.

This is what it is like to be a Nuggets fan.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Terrible on Murray, I was hoping Denver to come out of the West but it looks like the stars and lining up for Lakers (again).

Fygee

20 Year Member
I hope not. They're slowly trending downward while Lebron and LeBrow are out with injuries. None of that matters though as long as they're back before the playoffs begin.

racecar

20 Year Member
Terrible on Murray, I was hoping Denver to come out of the West but it looks like the stars and lining up for Lakers (again).
big lost, hopefully the bench will step up and adjust , joker and mpj going to have to score more buckets .