NEW Astro City Club

Chase023

n00b
Why is it so hard to find decals that are exact replicas of the originals?
I recently bought the side art from ebay and given one and they both are off in details.
Not too sure about the color due to the fact that the originals are faded but still feels off in color to me.

Can't let myself use these replica decals when I know they are not exactly reprinted like originals. I almost feel like they got lazy and took the shortcut in reprinting these.
Sigh, the dilemma of finding a replica that matches the original... sheesh

Chase023

n00b
It's gonna be a long process to finish my New Astro City Cleaning and sorta restoration/cleaning..

At least I can replace my control panel with this new one!

Fixing up the cabinet is gonna be a pain especially if I want to recoat the paint/gel coat the outside.

Sigh...

Attachments

• New Control Panal vs Old.jpg
    New Control Panal vs Old.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 216

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Wow, that poor blast panel... you should just set it on fire and put it out of its misery.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Decided to change up my colors on the NAC. Orange is my favorite color so that ended up P1, and the wife asked for Pink on P2 (I had no objections considering it's the default P2 color) and some nice blue start buttons. The orange is a little hard to see due to my shitty dining room chandelier light.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That monitor looks nice, Mugi! Also really liking the blue start buttons.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
That monitor looks nice, Mugi! Also really liking the blue start buttons.

thx brother! This was the solitary NAC from our Philly buy. Of my 3 cabs, it's the only one with burn-in, and it still has the best looking monitor of them all :lolz:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Here's mine! Got it from Ken @ The Gameroom almost a year ago. I love this cab :)

35abba17-c056-49f7-8dcc-88bea7c175f9_zps8bafbe0d.jpg

b2740536-3c27-4c13-aeb3-beb5c858bcf9_zpsc9360502.jpg

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
beautiful pipes, love your cp colors. My first thought at this pic, the reflection made it look like it was wrapped in plastic, so I thought the photo was from the day it arrived and had that nice cp already on it lol.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Thanks Mugi!

Lol, you're right, it does look like it's wrapped up around the monitor.

Unfortunately, this cab looked nothing like that when I got it. She needed some work to get her to this point. Well worth it though.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Thanks Mugi!

Lol, you're right, it does look like it's wrapped up around the monitor.

Unfortunately, this cab looked nothing like that when I got it. She needed some work to get her to this point. Well worth it though.

time and effort well spent, she's a beauty ;)

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Can anyone link me to some info on New Versus City cabs? I don't think there is a dedicated thread here.

I'm specifically looking to find out what is shared between the two cabs, other than the game board and hardware. Is there two separate power supplies?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Can anyone link me to some info on New Versus City cabs? I don't think there is a dedicated thread here.

I'm specifically looking to find out what is shared between the two cabs, other than the game board and hardware. Is there two separate power supplies?

You might want to try ECZangief to get some info on NVC. That is, if you don't mind having your bed mattress cut into 1372 pieces.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
You might want to try ECZangief to get some info on NVC. That is, if you don't mind having your bed mattress cut into 1372 pieces.

I witnessed that destruction first hand when we loaded them into the truck

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner

Was he using that as cushioning? Ha. I've heard they're ridiculously heavy and can't be separated.

If anyone here knows, is it possible to turn one monitor off while the other plays? The arcadeotaku wiki lists the NVC as having rotatable monitors, so I wanted to know if I could keep one side horizontal and the other vertical, and just switch pcbs and sides when I want to move to a different oriented game.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr

The cab contains one PSU, the NVS_4000:
nvs-4000-01.jpg%3Fw%3D584%26h%3D582

It is wired using the Sega 002 loom: 2012-01-27_17-30-32_77.jpg

Player 2 side is a slave machine to the Player 1 side of the cab, which is where all the hardware is housed.

masamuneGTO

Was he using that as cushioning? Ha. I've heard they're ridiculously heavy and can't be separated.

If anyone here knows, is it possible to turn one monitor off while the other plays? The arcadeotaku wiki lists the NVC as having rotatable monitors, so I wanted to know if I could keep one side horizontal and the other vertical, and just switch pcbs and sides when I want to move to a different oriented game.

While you can rotate the monitor technically, you cannot rotate the shroud. It only makes sense to get a NVS for horizontal fighting games. Anything else you are better getting 2 blast city cabs and getting a link kit for when you want to have h2h cabs.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
While you can rotate the monitor technically, you cannot rotate the shroud. It only makes sense to get a NVS for horizontal fighting games. Anything else you are better getting 2 blast city cabs and getting a link kit for when you want to have h2h cabs.

Thanks. I definitely needed to know that.

I may be looking too much into what you wrote, but is there a reason why it wouldn't be suited for any other games besides fighters? I was thinking possibly AvP if I added more buttons to the panel or maybe side scrolling 2p shooters.

masamuneGTO

Thanks. I definitely needed to know that.

I may be looking too much into what you wrote, but is there a reason why it wouldn't be suited for any other games besides fighters? I was thinking possibly AvP if I added more buttons to the panel or maybe side scrolling 2p shooters.

I was mainly saying that they were designed for fighting games and h2h games like virtua tennis. But you can technically play any hori game and 4p beatemups, etc. depending on how you wire the controls.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I was mainly saying that they were designed for fighting games and h2h games like virtua tennis. But you can technically play any hori game and 4p beatemups, etc. depending on how you wire the controls.

You can't do 4p PGM games however, as you need two JAMMA harnesses to do that.

Was the main deal breaker for me.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy

WORTH IT.

After the damage they already sustained in the container, I wasn't gonna fuck around. I still use the custom cushions I made that day to transport monitors. Best thing I ever did!

Tbh, I'm going to look into how to best set up a NVC so that I can switch between h2h and two separate games. Probably will require a separate PSU. Some may call heresy on the idea, but it would be nice because I no longer have a Hori Jamma cab. Also, while the Giefcade has become the de facto HQ for anyone still playing (good) fighters in the area, not all my homies get down like that.