New Star Wars stuff announced

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Started watching Ashoka. another map quest, woohoo!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Strong episode of Ahsoka this week.

The dude who was skeptical of Hera at that meeting, Senator Hamato Xiono, is from the animated series Resistance. He is the father of the protagonist Kazuda Xiono. His characterization here is consistent, as in the animated show (set immediately before and concurrently with Force Awakens) he is skeptical that the First Order is a real threat and considers the Resistance a dangerous band of troublemakers.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I watched the first two eps the other night. So far it's a slow build but that's not a bad thing. I couldn't imagine trying to watch this if you hadn't seen Rebels, it's basically just a new season of it with some extra Ahsoka sprinkled on top. Ezra on the wall painting looking exactly like cartoon Ezra was a nice touch.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Strong episode of Ahsoka this week.

Yes, but not a fan of these 30 minute jobs. First two eps were nearly an hour.

You have 5 episodes left to:

A. show Mikkelsen as Thrawn
B. Show Ezra
C. Let Sabine somehow get the dark saber back from Bo-Katan
D. Reveal that Marrok is Ezra.

edit:

E: wrap up whatever Thrawn story you are planning.

If they do 30 minute episodes, they have 2.5ish hours left to do so.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Marrok is probably dead next episode.

The Darksaber has already been destroyed. It's gone.

famicommander

15 Year Member
People Marrok might actually be, because Ezra is an obvious red herring:

1. Barriss Offee - mentioned her before. She betrayed Ahsoka and framed her for a terrorist attack in Clone Wars. She was last seen being led away by Palpatine's men, so it would make sense that she would become an Inquisitor. Of course, the character is played by a male stuntman so that casts doubt.

2. A canon version of Starkiller from Force Unleashed - Starkiller's voice actor from the game, Sam Witwer, is credited as "additional voices" in all 3 episodes of Ahsoka so far. And the character's name is Marek - close enough to Marrok. The game isn't canon but neither is KOTOR, and they've selectively added stuff from KOTOR into the canon as they've gone along.

3. Future (or alternate universe) Jacen Syndulla - we know time travel exists due to the World Between Worlds (watch Rebels if you don't know, assbutts). In the old expanded universe, Jacen Solo was Han and Leia's son who fell to the dark side and became a sith lord. Jacen Syndulla is the son of General Hera Syndulla and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus, one of the other main characters from Rebels.

4. Petro (one of the young Jedi that Ahsoka mentored way back in the Clone Wars). Huyang, the robot that is on the ship with Sabine and Ahsoka, featured prominently in that arc as well. Petro was shown to be the most impulsive and confident of all the younglings, much like Anakin. It would be a good callback.

5. Just some random Inquisitor whose sole purpose is to get killed in this episode so it seems like it had stakes while the two dark Jedi whose faces we've seen get away to be dealt with in future episodes.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
When did the dark saber get destroyed? I thought Starbuck just got it back at the end of mandalorian season 3 and these shows were roughly the same time period

famicommander

15 Year Member
When did the dark saber get destroyed? I thought Starbuck just got it back at the end of mandalorian season 3 and these shows were roughly the same time period
Moff Gideon crushed it in the Mandalorian season 3 finale. Bo Katan has it in her hand and, while wearing his fancy mech armor suit thing, Gideon crushes both her hand and the hilt of the Darksaber she is holding. The Saber falls to the ground broken and Bo-Katan is later shown with a cast on her hand.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
damn I need to pay more attention lol. also I did start watching clone wars. Please tell me there’s more baby jabba to look forward to

This clip should also be added to the clone wars watch order somewhere:

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
damn I need to pay more attention lol. also I did start watching clone wars. Please tell me there’s more baby jabba to look forward to

This clip should also be added to the clone wars watch order somewhere:
It was a pretty forgettable season. Obi-Wan and Boba Fett were memorably awful, Andor was shockingly good, Mando season 3 was just sort of there. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad enough to elicit the same nerdrage that Boba did.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
It was a pretty forgettable season. Obi-Wan and Boba Fett were memorably awful, Andor was shockingly good, Mando season 3 was just sort of there. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad enough to elicit the same nerdrage that Boba did.
Yeah, I agree those shows were pretty forgettable. The shows have all looked fantastic with good production values though imo, so I don’t regret watching them for that reason. That’s honestly part of the reason I never got around to clone wars—don’t care for the visual style much

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah, I agree those shows were pretty forgettable. The shows have all looked fantastic with good production values though imo, so I don’t regret watching them for that reason. That’s honestly part of the reason I never got around to clone wars—don’t care for the visual style much
I thought Obi-Wan looked shockingly cheap. Boba Fett looked good but that's because the entire show is just leftover sets and props from Mandalorian.

Andor looked incredible but it turns out they spent like a quarter of a billion dollars on it, so that makes sense. Ahsoka looks fantastic as well.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I thought Obi-Wan looked shockingly cheap. Boba Fett looked good but that's because the entire show is just leftover sets and props from Mandalorian.

Andor looked incredible but it turns out they spent like a quarter of a billion dollars on it, so that makes sense. Ahsoka looks fantastic as well.
It’s been awhile since I watched obiwan but now that you mention it I do recall a silly scene where young leia somehow outruns a bunch of guards in the woods that they could’ve done better.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It’s been awhile since I watched obiwan but now that you mention it I do recall a silly scene where young leia somehow outruns a bunch of guards in the woods that they could’ve done better.
Or the scene where Obi-Wan sneaks Leia out of prison in a trenchcoat like a fucking ninja turtle?

Or when they got 41 year old Hayden Christiansen to play 17 year old Anakin without any deaging?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Next episode lengths
4: 42 minutes (38.5 minutes without credits)
5: 50 minutes (46 minutes without credits)

Standard 1 hour TV episodes are 44 minutes + 16 minutes of commercials

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So Marrok was just a Night Sister revenant.

Sumbitch was a red green herring the whole time lol

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
ffs can something happen please.