Official E3 2014 Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to seeing more on Destiny and The Division.

However, those two games are familiarish. It's nothing that new - a sci-fi shoot 'n loot from the creators of Halo and then a military (dudebro?)tom-clancy-esque third person shooter set in a modern disaster/dystopia? I've got a decent idea how they'll play. Maybe they'll surprise me.

But eh.

I want something fresh.

If it's a rehash then give me a god damned new Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics that isn't on a handheld. If it's a new FFT then please go back to the PSX job system.

I'd also take a new Panzer Dragoon.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
If it's a rehash then give me a god damned new Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics that isn't on a handheld. If it's a new FFT then please go back to the PSX job system.

I'd also take a new Panzer Dragoon.

THIS THIS THIS. They never do the rehashes we want! Jesus H.

Monolith Soft is already working on a full scale Wii U JRPG (still being referred to only as "X" so far) and their other teams usually do 3DS games and co-development on other first party Nintendo titles.

So that seems really unlikely. Unless that's what X turns out to be, but everything we've seen so far points to that being set in the same world as Xenoblade Chronicles.

PLS. :keke:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'd consider putting a dick in my mouth for a new Ogre Battle that used hi-res 2D sprites.

Ogre Battle 64 was great but the art style always bugged me. The 3D just looked awkward. It was too vibrant. Gave me a kid-vibe like every other N64 game.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
I'd consider putting a dick in my mouth for a new Ogre Battle that used hi-res 2D sprites.

Ogre Battle 64 was great but the art style always bugged me. The 3D just looked awkward. It was too vibrant. Gave me a kid-vibe like every other N64 game.

Oof, did you ever play Record of Agarest War (there were three of them I think)? I just imagined a new Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre or whatever you wanna call it with dat kinda sprites. Heaven.

Why don't we get enough of this stuff?

PS: N64 was pretty gh3y.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Thought I'd take the time to post the "leaked" E3 presentation schedule for the big three.

Who knows how much of this is legit? Still, could be interesting.

Microsoft
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Fable Legends
Forza Horizons 2
Gears of War 4
Halo 5
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Quantum Break
Star Wars: Battlefront III
Titanfall DLC

Sony
Destiny
DriveClub
God of War 4
inFamous: Second Son DLC
The Order: 1886
Uncharted 4: The Sunken Blade
Watch_Dogs

Nintendo
Bayonetta 2
Castlevania: SotN 2 (3DS)
Hyrule Warriors
Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate
Sonic Boom
Super Smash Bros.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare
Xenogears Origins

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thought I'd take the time to post the "leaked" E3 presentation schedule for the big three.

Who knows how much of this is legit? Still, could be interesting.

Microsoft
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Fable Legends
Forza Horizons 2
Gears of War 4
Halo 5
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Quantum Break
Star Wars: Battlefront III
Titanfall DLC

Sony
Destiny
DriveClub
God of War 4
inFamous: Second Son DLC
The Order: 1886
Uncharted 4: The Sunken Blade
Watch_Dogs

Nintendo
Bayonetta 2
Castlevania: SotN 2 (3DS)
Hyrule Warriors
Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate
Sonic Boom
Super Smash Bros.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare
Xenogears Origins

If only half of this is true, I'm gonna be a giggly school girl all year long

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Anyone hear who is handling SOTN2? Mercury or Konami in-house? Losing the hope that Phantasy Star Online 2 will come here and ShenMue 3 is just a pipe dream (Even a manga would be cool for that one).

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Didn't Mercury say they were done with Castlevania after LOS 2?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Anyone hear who is handling SOTN2? Mercury or Konami in-house? Losing the hope that Phantasy Star Online 2 will come here and ShenMue 3 is just a pipe dream (Even a manga would be cool for that one).
Nobody is doing SOTN2, because it's never going to happen. The LoS games are terrible and MercurySteam already said they were done with the franchise.

And Koji Igarashi left Konami.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I was really excited for last year's E3 because of all the hype around the new consoles and hearing the pricing for the PS4 was the icing on the cake. Any interest I have this year is from what I have read on this thread. I would be interested to hear anything about RE7 as I'm still a fan of the series despite the decreasing quality. And I would be interested to hear anything from SEGA as I still hope to see some of their more obscure series return one day, though it may be a pipe dream.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Glad someone brought up Sega. IIRC, there are two Yakuza games they've neglected, for some reason, not to release. One on PS3 and one on PS4...plus, that Kenzan! that never came out...probably won't.

I have to wonder about that list that Magician pulled up for Sony. What's the point of bringing up Watch Dogs if it already came out a week prior to e3? Wouldn't they be better off leaving it to Ubisoft's own press conference to discuss it?

Jon

famicommander

15 Year Member
Glad someone brought up Sega. IIRC, there are two Yakuza games they've neglected, for some reason, not to release. One on PS3 and one on PS4...plus, that Kenzan! that never came out...probably won't.
There are actually more Yakuza games than that that haven't been released here:
Yakuza: Kenzan! (PS3)
Yakuza: Black Panther (PSP)
Yakuza: Black Panther 2 (PSP)
Yakuza 5 (PS3)
Yakuza: Ishin! (PS3/PS4)

Really strange that we got Dead Souls but not any of those games.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Well now that Retro has got Donkey Kong out of their system they should hopefully be working on something else.

A new Metroid would be cool, but a new (non-sucky) Star Fox would be even better...but i'm not holding my breath for either...

Metroid and Mega Man. Two awesome series that were shot in the back of the head by their own developers.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Well there is a Mega Man game coming but it's not coming from Capcom and it won't be called Mega Man

famicommander

15 Year Member
I threw in during the kickstarter so that is coming to me guaranteed
I went a little overboard on that one.

I got the physical copy, box, manuals, artbook/strategy guide, t-shirt, and the whole digital package (beta access, transformation, DRM-free Linux copy, soundtracks, etc.).

Now Igarashi should do a Kickstarter for a real "not Castlevania" Castlevania game.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
and I know this is more related to the Japanese release of the xb1 in september, but they also announced 48 developers that signed on for development so I'm hoping for something new from one of the developers (i.e. cave, g.rev, qute, mages, g.rev, klon, triangle service, etc..).
well I was sort of spot on with at least one announcement...
5pb (visual novels, shmups, etc.. developer) has a new xb1 exclusive coming out based on an anime "Psycho-Pass"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_BVKg0-is

not sure if they're going to show it at e3, but still pretty cool news. now bring on the shmups :>