OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Really? I didnt know this. I thought for sure STO was considered canon.
by now it would be very much conflicting with the shows canon for various reasons I'm far too lazy for to look up, but the appearance of kelvin timeline ships in the game would be one of them or that the voyager is still in service in STO.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think so, yeah

Another random drunk memory. Opening night in the theater watching First Contact. The opening scene where Worf gets promoted and this black guy down close to front row just shouts, "BOUT TIME!".

I'll never forget that.
STFC was a legit summer blockbuster. Great summer movie packed with people.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My wild speculation for Ep 9 is that we’re going to see another legacy character from Voy or DS9.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
My wild speculation for Ep 9 is that we’re going to see another legacy character from Voy or DS9.
Star Trek Picard is really a last hurrah for DS9 and Voyager, and not just Next Gen.
It has Seven of Nine, so it should also have a DS9 character, IMO. I mean, apart from Worf.

Also, don't ask me why they don't do 2 hour reunion shows for DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, like they do for other TV shows that went off air years ago.

From what I've read, the show might continue even after season 3 (and Picard's death), as a spinoff show, which I assume might still feature TNG characters.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Okay, just watched episode 9.

Episode 10 is going to be a fucking banger, that's for sure.

If I could I'd go in a coma right now and awaken when episode 10 airs. I would.

I think when the series is done I'm going to have to watch it again.

Don't click my spoiler below if you haven't seen the episode, but even then it doesn't contain any actual spoilers. NO WAY I wouldn't ruin this shit for anyone. It's too good.

Spoiler:
WHAT THE FUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK????????????? I have so many questions.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
You were close...

There goes a spin-off with
Spoiler:
Captain Shaw

The big bad being
Spoiler:
the Borg
was fairly easy to guess when you look at all of the clues. What they're doing with them is pretty damn neat. I still think getting Armus involved would have been a neat twist.

The end of 9....all the fucking feels.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Spoilers are spreading and unfortunately I saw some.

Well...fortunately unfortunately.

From what I did see, yes, you really want to avoid them. You don't want it spoiled. Resist the temptation.

Avoid Star Trek related subreddits especially.

Just watched E9 - holy shit, I am emotionally and physically exhausted. E10 better be 3 fucking hours long, I can't have this end.

I was hoping this would be the big bad enemy:

1681417925845.png

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You were close...

There goes a spin-off with
Spoiler:
Captain Shaw

The big bad being
Spoiler:
the Borg
was fairly easy to guess when you look at all of the clues. What they're doing with them is pretty damn neat. I still think getting Armus involved would have been a neat twist.

The end of 9....all the fucking feels.

Spoiler:
I am now more confused about how the Jurati Borg fit in to this. Are there now two distinct collectives?

The story beat with how they assimilated everyone through DNA and the transporters was very clever, I thought. The whole networked fleet thing and the need for a legacy ship is straight up Battlestar Galactica, but I’m cool with it because the Enterprise D is the best. I mean it’s pandering fan service, truly, but… it’s just so damn good I don’t care.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Spoiler:
I am now more confused about how the Jurati Borg fit in to this. Are there now two distinct collectives?

The story beat with how they assimilated everyone through DNA and the transporters was very clever, I thought. The whole networked fleet thing and the need for a legacy ship is straight up Battlestar Galactica, but I’m cool with it because the Enterprise D is the best. I mean it’s pandering fan service, truly, but… it’s just so damn good I don’t care.
edit: whoops...accidental post

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm not sure I'd want to watch episode 10, no matter how good it is, if it's the end of Jean-Luc Picard.

The ending of Generations (with Kirk's death) was kind of a downer, even though I get that it was meant to be a final goodbye to the character. It looks like that lead to Shatner never making any further (guest) appearances in Star Trek, even though he could have, with a time travel story. Nimoy kept acting (as Spock) until the end.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm 90% sure that after all the times Beverly mentions "space taking Wesley" that the Traveler is gonna swoop in and save the day at the 11th hour for this finale. Which I am cool with.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm not sure I'd want to watch episode 10, no matter how good it is, if it's the end of Jean-Luc Picard.

The ending of Generations (with Kirk's death) was kind of a downer, even though I get that it was meant to be. It looks like that lead to Shatner never making any further (guest) appearance in Star Treks, even though he could have, with a time travel story. Nimoy kept acting (as Spock) until the end.

I do wanna read his books though that brought Kirk back.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I'm 90% sure that after all the times Beverly mentions "space taking Wesley" that the Traveler is gonna swoop in and save the day at the 11th hour for this finale. Which I am cool with.
I prefer it when Wesley is just Wesley, rather than the Traveler. But it's always good seeing Wheaton again, anyway.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
said no one ever.
I can understand why some people don't like Wesley. He comes across as a bit of a know-it-all, who saved the Enterprise on multiple occasions. But that's always what he was supposed to be- a brilliant kid who was a stand-in for Roddenberry (if he wasn't going to actually going to play a character on the show).

I guess the fact that Wesley (Wheaton) is older now, but still played the same way, would only make him even more annoying to some people.

Last edited: