Petition to bring Neo-geo games to the gamecube

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
buttasuperb:
EvilWasabi:
X-Box versions will not have live support.

Why? Look at MvC2. Obviously X-Box live doesn't interest game developers anymore.

I mean, why bother with X-Box live.

When gamers will still turn to:

Kaillera.

Online gaming is already there, and with more flexibility.
I'm pretty sure MvC2 not being on live was a licensing issue. Could be wrong though.

It isn't confirmed that SvC Chaos is not gonna be on live. That one interview said it wouldn't INITIALLY.

I've played on Kaillera and it's crap compared to live. Sure you got more games, but half the time I played someone, I kicked their ass on my screen, and they kicked my ass on their screen, with completely different characters.
Pretty much spot on. Kaillera is no where near as good as Live is, and the only reason MvC2 isn't Live compatible was because they didn't have the licenses to make an Online game featuring Marvel Characters, Marvel wanted more money for it and Capcom said no. Thats the story according to Treiu and I believe him.

As for developers not being interested in Live, thats a farce, read the SNK-Capcom.com interview w/ Capcom from E3, he specifically said, XBox is the target for their fighting games because it offers much better online play.

And there were comments from an SNK interview where they said they would like to incorporate Live play for the XBox version, so it is a possibility.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
buttasuperb:
I've played on Kaillera and it's crap compared to live. Sure you got more games, but half the time I played someone, I kicked their ass on my screen, and they kicked my ass on their screen, with completely different characters.
this part right here... I am not sure if it made sense or not..

†B†V†

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
JHendrix:

As for developers not being interested in Live, thats a farce, read the SNK-Capcom.com interview w/ Capcom from E3, he specifically said, XBox is the target for their fighting games because it offers much better online play.
I'll await the news from SNK japan. Not Ben Herman. As far as we know, Herman is just blowing smoke up our ass with as little info as the Barrones had.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would jump on this, if it wasnt for the fact, that damn controller for cube frown

Large

, ,
smokey:
All Gamecube gamers who love the Neo please sign this
Why? To bring games from a dead system to another? ;-)

<strong>
Please sign only with real name and don't start a porting flame war O.K.
Ooops, sorry ;-) Don't take it too serious.

Regards
Large

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Orochi Iori Yagami:
I would jump on this, if it wasnt for the fact, that damn controller for cube :(
I don't like the pack in controller for any of the current pop systems. All 3 suck.

But the Soul Calibur joystick is quite good for fighting games. IMO.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
EvilWasabi:
I don't like the pack in controller for any of the current pop systems. All 3 suck.
Yea they definately all suck for 2D fighters.

I don't get it if someone mentions that they should bring SNK games for Cube and then someone starts to complain about Cube's controller.

Like PS and Xbox controllers are MUCH better for fighters? Give me a break...

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
odd .... it just posted the same thing as my above post.

†B†V†

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Bluevoodu ]</small>

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
come off it, the gamecube stock pad's button setup is akin to pie buttons on an mvs cab.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
The only reason MVC2 wasnt on live was due to a license issue. Capcoms Marvel license was expired and picked up by Activision. Capcom was allowed to still release MVC2 but couldnt add any more additions because then it was considered a "new" version and violated the license held by Activision.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Plisken:
come off it, the gamecube stock pad's button setup is akin to pie buttons on an mvs cab.
okay, but how do the PSX and XB buttons give anything better? They don't. In my opinion. All the stock controllers suck. GC the most? sure. But all suck, and I wouldn't use any of tem to play on. That's why I have a joystick for every system I own.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MilkManX:
The only reason MVC2 wasnt on live was due to a license issue. Capcoms Marvel license was expired and picked up by Activision. Capcom was allowed to still release MVC2 but couldnt add any more additions because then it was considered a "new" version and violated the license held by Activision.
yup, thats what haoppened which, imo, is bullshit. the dreamcast version was online, did they forget about that?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
xtoo_short20x:
No thanks. oh_no shame glee
My thoughts exactly! PS2 and XBox are clearly the way to go! wink
The cube have an advantage over any other nextgen console... It loads EVERYTHING WAY FASTER. that would be quite a good thing to explore. wink

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
JHendrix:
xtoo_short20x:
No thanks. oh_no shame glee
My thoughts exactly! PS2 and XBox are clearly the way to go! wink
hmm i have to disagree, maybe on xbox yes but personally ps2 just isnt a fighter system at all IMO, i mean cube hardware wise blows the ps2 away an would run much better although cube's controller sucks for fighting games aside from soul calibur 2. personally I would rather have this on DC if I cant have it on Neo.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I love my Gamecube, but I think SvC would feel very out of place on it. I'd much rather they pool as many resources they can on releasing quality ports for the PS2 and X-Box, since that's the consoles most fighing game fans own.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Plisken:
I think its important to remember that all 3 of the current "pop" console { as EW calls them :D Thats pretty slick Wasabi buttrock } controllers were never designed with 2D fighting games in mind ,they were designed for imersive 3D movement and for that the GC controller is definitly one of the best ever created.

As for this whole petition thing as usuall it will fall on deaf ears , if anyone even pays attention to begin with ? Which they wont.

Personally I dont really like the game at hand but I would choose MVS before I went to any console version unless I wanted the internet playability thing.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I believe they shouldn't be released in any console. Playmore should leave the capcom fans craving for this game and make them buy and mvs or aes.

as for the contollers the design of the ps controler is the main reason i dislike the console and have not bought one. I can't really say anything about the xbox. i trust Nintendo with controllers, the n64 control was big, this control is small and not tiring when having it in your hands for long amounts of times, the complexivity of the buttons is what worries me, however if you own one you should have a broader opinion.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Imagine it only comes out for the AES/MVS

That would rock my world baby. glee glee glee glee glee glee

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
EvilWasabi:
Orochi Iori Yagami:
I would jump on this, if it wasnt for the fact, that damn controller for cube :(

But the Soul Calibur joystick is quite good for fighting games. IMO.
They need to make a Saturn Controller adapter for every system...especially the Cube.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
If I'm not mistaken MS requires an extra fee for developers to add in Live support. So on top of the already exsisting license fee, they have the Live implementation fee. Playmore doesn't want to be paying much on fees. The PS2 and GBA will get ports simply due to user base, the vast user base makes up for the possible higher fees. Though the PS2 fees are quite low from what I hear. Out of all systems, Gamecube fees tend to be the highest, mostly due to specialized disc media. If it was such a matter of expected sells, then Playmore wouldn't touch the X-box anyway. Playmore's biggest selling areas are in Asia, which happen to be X-box's worst. However because the license fees are affordable they will go for it. And if they do any original games for PS2 and X-box then they have more potiental to sell in the European and American markets. They've already said that the reason no Gamecube games would be coming is because they just can't afford it, and that they would look into Nintendo's next console when it comes around. I wouldn't be suprised if a Playmore game sold more on Gamecube then it did on the X-box simply due to past sells. Playmore is trying to do this as cheaply as they can, Live support wouldn't help that cause much. Nor would costly license fees.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
jeff bogard:
I believe they shouldn't be released in any console. Playmore should leave the capcom fans craving for this game and make them buy and mvs or aes.
That'd be a great idea, that way you'd get all the l337 boys to download the rom and never give a dollar to Playmore. That way Playmore could take what is possibly their biggest game . . . shall I say EVER! And crap it down the financial toilet to please collector's who'll hold on to the game and sell it for 5 times it's value in a few years on eBay.

Brilliance like this makes the world worth living in.

jedipie

Quiz Detective
I think that the normal GC controller will be rubbish - just like for everyother game - the buttons aren't in the correct place to start with - tho the Official Jap SNES re-release pads for the Cube do feel a lot better than the standard ones for fighters

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
the roker:
jeff bogard:
That'd be a great idea, that way you'd get all the l337 boys to download the rom and never give a dollar to Playmore. That way Playmore could take what is possibly their biggest game . . . shall I say EVER! And crap it down the financial toilet to please collector's who'll hold on to the game and sell it for 5 times it's value in a few years on eBay.

Brilliance like this makes the world worth living in.
The rom for this game will be downloaded regardless.

I bet you it will break records for most downloaded
illegal file on the net.

:rolleyes: