PolyGame Master (PGM) games are coming to the Nintendo Switch!

KGRAMR

Another Striker
This came absolutely out of nowhere, but IGS released a collection of PolyGame Master games on Switch. turfmaster was the first to spot the listing at Nintendo's japanese website. The list of games can be found on this link:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Neat.
If it gets a physical release I might try and get it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yeah I’ll hold out for the physical for now or a sale. Definitely want to pick it up in the future.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ooooh, interesting news... I'll probably pick thiis up when it gets reduced.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Seems like it has horrible lag (like the vast majority of ports on the switch) and a forced stretched aspect ratio. Unfortunately seems like an easy pass for me.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Seems like it has horrible lag (like the vast majority of ports on the switch) and a forced stretched aspect ratio. Unfortunately seems like an easy pass for me.
Ew forced aspect ratio? Inexcusable.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only thing the PGM is really good for are the Cave games.

Martial Master is just okay, it plays well enough but it's one of the most generic looking fighters ever. All that nice animation is wasted on shitty characters and boring backgrounds. It belongs in the the B tier with stuff like Breakers and Rumble Fish. Not fucking 3d Strike and Garou.

Demon Front is nowhere near Metal Slug, period. It also suffers from the same problem as the PGM beatemups, it's too long and it's painfully boring. This is loved by the same people who think Dolphin Blue is awesome.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's too pricey for digital versions of games I already have carts of. The online play would need to be robust for me to consider it.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
MM > TS

Looked down upon because its not part of the Capcom Street Fighting or SNK canons its a great one-off fighting game that looks better, plays better, and has a better and more interesting character set than TS.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
MM > TS

Looked down upon because its not part of the Capcom Street Fighting or SNK canons its a great one-off fighting game that looks better, plays better, and has a better and more interesting character set than TS.

I’ll go you one better, and say Asura Buster nukes them all. And I’m not being a shit.

Some of the closest things to an evo #37 moment that have happened at my meet ups…have happened over Asura Buster, Jackie Chan, Martial Masters, and Power Instinct V.

The CPS III multi just sits there lonely, not a spot for it in a 9 cab line up 😂

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That forced aspect ratio is bullshit. Here’s hoping for a patch or some robust options settings. They aren’t getting a penny out of me otherwise.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
MM > TS

You are out of your mind. The characters in MM are as generic kung fu stuff as it gets.

Meanwhile Capcom was at their absolute creative peak with TS, doing some really wild shit and actually pulled it off.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I thing gu$ and terrence330 need to settle this at my next meet over games of 2i.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I don’t understand people jocking 3s.

-great value dhalsim
-sean hasn’t learned fireballs yet
-oh look! Andore is in the game post witness relocation program, and can’t do the flying knee-drop driver from ff1
-Chun. Meh. Fuck a charge character. Ken serves that bitch up all day.

Peak creative Capcom should’ve fleshed out Red Earth more than 4 characters, and given us Cyberbots 2 (in 2d) and a Battle Circuit follow up.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I don’t understand people jocking 3s.

-great value dhalsim
-sean hasn’t learned fireballs yet
-oh look! Andore is in the game post witness relocation program, and can’t do the flying knee-drop driver from ff1
-Chun. Meh. Fuck a charge character. Ken serves that bitch up all day.

Peak creative Capcom should’ve fleshed out Red Earth more than 4 characters, and given us Cyberbots 2 (in 2d) and a Battle Circuit follow up.
I want to like TS with all of its Final Fight stuffz but it isn't a very good game imo.

Martial Masters is a lot of fun, looks great, and people sleep on it writ large.

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone else have the strange issue of their Switch menu navigation running slow while this game is in standby mode?