Post Your Recent Purchases!

Steveotron

n00b
I just got my AES from Japan today! really excited to play this bad boy and join the community! wanted one ever since i saw it in a magazine and realised i played the games when i was on holiday in the arcades. took me a long time but finally...

BOOM! its here.

IMG_00000202.jpgIMG_00000199.jpg

just need a stepdown transformer thingy, and my scart lead and games to turn up! can't wait!

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Congrats man welcome to the club that's a pretty clean AES you got excellent shape nice

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I just got my AES from Japan today! really excited to play this bad boy and join the community! wanted one ever since i saw it in a magazine and realised i played the games when i was on holiday in the arcades. took me a long time but finally...

BOOM! its here.

just need a stepdown transformer thingy, and my scart lead and games to turn up! can't wait!

Beautiful machine! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
just bought a KOF 96 from the boards and waiting for shipping. slowly but surely building my neo geo collection for the inevitable cmvs/cab purchase.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
just bought a KOF 96 from the boards and waiting for shipping. slowly but surely building my neo geo collection for the inevitable cmvs/cab purchase.

Nothing to play MVS carts on yet and you've already got a game/games? Just have KoF '96, or a few more as well?

I went the CMVS route with the newest version Omega and am very pleased with it. Not quite the same as a cab, but the next best thing IMO. And I used to have an AES, and still very happy to have gone the CMVS route for the second round of Neo Geo sickness... :lolz:

Maybe someday I'll have a cab as well, but I do enjoy being comfortable in my chair playing MVS carts on my Omega. So not sure exactly how much time I'd spend using a cab vs. the CMVS if I had a cab as well.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Went to Bend this weekend and picked these up. Only one game store in town, with a surprisingly decent selection of retro stuff. The clerk had systems ripped apart in various stages and looked to be very capable. When asked if he had any arcade stuff like neo-geo he replied "Dude this is BEND Oregon, its too small of a town."

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nothing to play MVS carts on yet and you've already got a game/games? Just have KoF '96, or a few more as well?

I went the CMVS route with the newest version Omega and am very pleased with it. Not quite the same as a cab, but the next best thing IMO. And I used to have an AES, and still very happy to have gone the CMVS route for the second round of Neo Geo sickness... :lolz:

Maybe someday I'll have a cab as well, but I do enjoy being comfortable in my chair playing MVS carts on my Omega. So not sure exactly how much time I'd spend using a cab vs. the CMVS if I had a cab as well.

I have a few. Metal Slug X, World Heroes 2, Puzzle Bobble, SamSho 2, and now KOF 96. I want a variety since I'm not very good at fighters but want to put the time in to learn their mechanics.

Right now the major limits for getting the system itself is space and finances since I am looking to move in the next few months. Possibly closer to the city. I was looking into getting the AI simply for the beauty of the build quality, but there are a couple of cabs on craigslist that are in rougher shape for $400-600. When I do settle down, the CMVS is the way to go and that will come in time, so I'm getting some cheap games as I see them come up to get a decent collection going on.

Rob Black

4" Chinaman Slave,

BOOM! its here.

View attachment 8815View attachment 8816

wow looks super mint.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's certainly much easier to find a nice Japanese system than a US.

Regardless, congrats! :)

dougal

n00b
Been looking for this for some time but prices are ridiculous. I got lucky and found it on ebay for only 14 Euro + postage.

The Super Spy

thesuperspy004.JPG

Steveotron

n00b
Skinny503 - no probs, I paid £230 including shipping from Japan. Not bad for an ebay price considering all the others where over 200 plus shipping.

Rob Black - It's in great condition and arrived really quick. Really impressed.

Yeah there are loads of Japanese ones on ebay, couldn't find a US one for normal money.

Can't wait for the games to arrive. Will post when they do.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Skinny503 - no probs, I paid £230 including shipping from Japan. Not bad for an ebay price considering all the others where over 200 plus shipping.

Rob Black - It's in great condition and arrived really quick. Really impressed.

Yeah there are loads of Japanese ones on ebay, couldn't find a US one for normal money.

Can't wait for the games to arrive. Will post when they do.

VERY nice mate! AS everyone else has said.. that Neo looks SUPER minty!! I think you got a good deal to be fair :) Welcome to the community btw!

What kind of tv/setup do you have for the Neo? CRT I hope?

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate

BOOM! its here.

View attachment 8815View attachment 8816

The seller must be really generous, it looks like they have thrown in a wooden animal jigsaw for you to play with as well :lolz::lolz:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Dick measuring hardware specs on the back of the box.

That's something you don't see anymore.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Nothing to play MVS carts on yet and you've already got a game/games?

I picked up a few MVS carts before I got a means to play them on/while I was looking for a cab. It just seemed silly to pass on deals when I knew I was going to get into MVS gaming sometime soon.

When I got my MVU-4, I already had Bust-A-Move Again, Captain Tomaday, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do, Pop 'n Bounce, Puzzle de Pon!, Puzzle de Pon! R, and Super Sidekicks 2 (and Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, KOF 99, Metal Slug X, and Strikers 1945 came with my cab).

On topic - I just picked up Ghostlop (MVS) and a bunch of MVS artwork.

Steveotron

n00b
Jonny - I wish I had a crt mate. Sadly no for now it will be murdered by my LCD but that is my next problem to solve.

Halfabag - haha I clocked those in the photo, but as I took it my little girl was climbing all over the boxes I'd left on the floor. So no time for another shot, that jigsaw is fucking sweet though! :)

Patiently waiting by the letterbox for the games to arrive, and the scart!

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Jonny - I wish I had a crt mate. Sadly no for now it will be murdered by my LCD but that is my next problem to solve.

You can easily solve that with an SLG-3000.. but by the time you get that, and a scaler for vga.. you'll be better off getting a crt anyway.. :p I'd say only go for the SLG if space is an issue.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Special thanks to mmsadda for this one! Thanks so much man :)

la6h.jpg

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
I finally got my custom-built stick this weekend when I went to Istanbul.

I had originally bought this baby from alphagamer:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?240777-FS-My-ghetto-arcade-stick&highlight=stick

Unfortunately the cardboard box was not up to it anymore, so I sent it to Beharius in Istanbul (he had previously done a stellar job at modding my home console).
Beharius did a fantastic job as you can see from the pictures. The Harp stick had to be replaced as it was too large to fit into the plexiglass case and as I prefer a smaller stick when having the thing on my lap. As such Beharius ordered a Sanwa replica - a high quality Madcats one (feels amazing). The buttons are original Sanwa as per alphagamer's original stick.
The neo geo logo is laser engraved into the plexiglass, which itself was custom cut for this project. I am loving it!

Big shout-out to Beharius who really is very talented! Need a custom stick, CMVS, mod job or Dreamcast VGA box... contact him. Totally trustworthy and very talented! EDIT: here is Beharius's profile for reference: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?39073-Beharius (I don't know how to tag/highlight usernames on the forum).

Check it out:

forum2.jpg

forum1.jpg

Last edited: