Post Your Recent Purchases!

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Thanks. I did search for it, honest :-)

£47 from Aliexpress of all places? Wow. I will of course, but wow. Probably get another Pandora 10th anniversary JAMMA while I'm at it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
the super game module is the gaming equivalent to reheating yesterday's dinner

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Recently added a few stragglers to round out the Euro part of my SMS collection (I already had Sonic Chaos and Super Off Road but the guy I bought Aladdin from had fair prices - at least for new - for those also, so I picked them up. Not sure why Aladdin is shrink-wrapped but I'm guessing the distributor or store did it. The other two I got on eBay so paid a little more but they were in amazing condition with inserts so I bit the bullet).

PXL_20230916_205230470~2.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Once I'm not so rusty and gone through some videos I need some help linking this to my tr-08 so I can sync both and have both playing over midi.
Or some shit.

Just got back from a 2 week trip to Tokyo. Found this HORI Fighting Stick for Super Famicom in the junk bin at Trader in Akihabara for ¥500. Just tested it and everything works perfectly. Condition is a solid 9/10, just has a little bit of rust on the bottom. Sadly this was the only luck I had this time around... and the rumors are true, shopping at Akihabara is just about dead. Everything is now extremely overpriced and picked through. eBay and Buyee will be the way to go for deals and rarities.

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Bar81

20 Year Member
Just got back from a 2 week trip to Tokyo. Found this HORI Fighting Stick for Super Famicom in the junk bin at Trader in Akihabara for ¥500. Just tested it and everything works perfectly. Condition is a solid 9/10, just has a little bit of rust on the bottom. Sadly this was the only luck I had this time around... and the rumors are true, shopping at Akihabara is just about dead. Everything is now extremely overpriced and picked through. eBay and Buyee will be the way to go for deals and rarities.
Not surprising. If the online prices I see are reflective of their in-store prices, then they are beyond dumb for anything actually valuable (and often not valuable - it's just ripping suckers off at this point). Also, the amount of rare imports on eBay dwarfs anything in Japan so those are the guys buying.up all the rare games, but of course listing at even dumber prices than Japanese stores because if you're not making 300%+ profit after fees, you're not even trying. My favorite bit of game related comedy is offering to buy like $1500+ of product from a Japanese seller if they offer a reasonable discount and they come back with $10 off. Never gets old.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
You need to go to the country side to find good deals. And that was already the case in 2015. Last time I was there.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Well, it depends on what you call deals of course. I found a boxed and complete Iron Commando for 250 yen.
I found the Neo Geo CD PS2 pad boxed for 800 yen.
We found (3) copies of Radiant Silvergun for 5500 Yen

That is what I call deals, not 30% of eBay.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
You need to go to the country side to find good deals. And that was already the case in 2015. Last time I was there.

While true for common games and peripherals, I've noticed that a lot of the shops are moving the more expensive items to their city stores where they can mark up the price and bait foreigners.

Most country side shops I went too had little to no Megadrive, PC Engine or Neo. Hell even a few of the Super Potato's I went to on the outskirts of Tokyo and Osaka had ZERO Megadrive games.

Bar81

20 Year Member
My genny collection has been pretty much done for years now, but given that I was tweaking other system collections, I recently added a few random games that never got a JP release. I've been on the fence on Vectorman for forever. I am amazed that a cardboard game like this is still around in large quantities new and cheap so I finally bit the bullet. I can't even fathom how many copies they must have shipped for it to still be commonly available in original print new 30 years later. I know it was a big seller but still. Had no idea that Viewpoint existed until recently. It's a NA exclusive and is, given the hardware, a pretty faithful port of the Neo Geo game (and I never picked it up on Neo so figured what the hell), but not sure wth is happening with the cover art (it was the 90s after all). The final game, Subterrania, is a pretty interesting shooter with love it or hate it momentum physics. I picked it up as it is something different.

PXL_20230921_182807404.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I got a boxed Vectorman a while back too. I hadn't played it before other than in a store back in the day. It's really impressive, but the graphic style is pretty bland, and so is the gameplay. Very Western-developed feel.

I remember renting View Point on the Genesis back in the day. I liked it and I probably should've given it more credit back then for being a faithful port.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
This is kind of crazy, but I also picked up a boxed Vectorman recently. It wasn't exactly on my radar, but the box was in perfect condition. It was one of those games that I rented back in the day, but didn't make a huge impression on me at the time. I thought it was graphically impressive for what it was, and also funner than I remember. Not a classic or anything, but a solid title. I kind of want to pick up the sequel now.