Scott Pilgrim vs The World Video Game,To be released again !!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
As most heard by now scott pilgrim vs the world is being released again for switch,pc,ps4 and xbox.

This release will also have the dlc included,which i miss out on last gen so i'll give it a try.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Debating on whether to get this on pc or ps4. I don’t want to get it on ps4 if it won’t be playable on ps5 obviously. But I’m cringing at the prospect of installing uplay.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't know if I should buy it for PC or for my PS4. I don't have a PC setup but my laptop will run this just fine. Getting tired of paying for PSN when I barely use it.

Any word on a physical release?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
hopefully it will get a full physical release so we don't need to endure these shenanigans again...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I don't know if I should buy it for PC or for my PS4. I don't have a PC setup but my laptop will run this just fine. Getting tired of paying for PSN when I barely use it.

Any word on a physical release?

Not that I know of but this seems like a perfect fit for the kind of thing LRG likes to release, which would be pretty sweet.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Dislike the fact lrg is doing the physical release. But at least like that classic edition has the anamaguchi soundtrack reprint on cd. The first print has ballooned too much on eBay. Good lord, the art book better be worth it on that collectors edition. Or spend an extra 100 on Disney pins. Buy a hoodie while you’re at it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh right, gotta put that shit next to my AES games as an additional conversation starter.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I've hardly heard of Scott Pilgrim so i don't get what the big deal about it is.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I've hardly heard of Scott Pilgrim so i don't get what the big deal about it is.

The game basically went out of print (aka the original publisher lost the license) and off of the digital stores and it's remembered, probably having quite a bit to do with the prior, much more fondly than it deserves to be. It's not a bad game, but it's certainly not anywhere near as good as its fans would have you believe.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I still have this on my PS3. The lesson here is to not snooze on digital games you want.

It’s a fine enough game, but the psychology of not being able to buy it drove folks crazy. The soundtrack is excellent.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I really liked the original game and have been clamoring for a physical release for ages.

I ordered it, I got the one that’s a step up from the standard edition just because I like that clam shell and wanted the CD.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I still have this on my PS3. The lesson here is to not snooze on digital games you want.

It’s a fine enough game, but the psychology of not being able to buy it drove folks crazy. The soundtrack is excellent.

Same here. Neat game, not crazy about it but worth a run.

Kind of off topic but I bought into the whole digital thing. I'm in the minority but prefer digital over physical now in days if its much cheaper (Indie under $10, Triple A under $20). What gets me though is now I'm not able to sell the console. Im stuck with owning some of these consoles and if I sell them I'm going to take a L on all the digital purchases I made. The 360 still has games that never came over to the one like for example Hyper Fighting and Third Strike. Same goes for the Ps3. I rather play the downloaded digital version vs the psnow web browser thing because it doesn't look as good and has lag.

I wonder if one day people will be able to sell accounts to others.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The game basically went out of print (aka the original publisher lost the license) and off of the digital stores and it's remembered, probably having quite a bit to do with the prior, much more fondly than it deserves to be. It's not a bad game, but it's certainly not anywhere near as good as its fans would have you believe.

it's also really grindy