SNK Arcade Classics 0

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
If true, I think most people would buy it for Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier alone.

Ikari Warriors would work with a Wii Remote, come to think of it- you could twist the remote to simulate the rotary functions of the stick. Too bad this isn't coming to Wii, last I checked.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
A collection of pre Neo Geo games looks like a nice deal to me.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Psycho Soldier and Prehistoric Island makes it a purchase for me.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Hopefully the Psycho Soldier on it is perfect, music and all. I still have the original PCB for the game as well as all the stage musics on my computer.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Here's hoping that the Guerrilla War is the arcade version rather than the NES version.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
For the most part, it's a solid list... but Athena?! That game sucked a big ol pile of nuts...

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
So.. anybody have any clue when this game is actually coming out?

In Japan?

In the USA?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Had good times with POW and Ikari Warriors. POW was one of the first arcade games I played.

I would love to see what the arcade version of Guerrilla War looks like. I only played the NES version and pretty much loved it.

I also had good times with Street Smart on Genesis, though I'm not sure how I will like it w/o the betting system.

And I tried Psycho Soldier on MAME, and I agree that it sucked hard. Still, it would be nice to include it there just for those who are curious on the characters origin.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Really excited now that I've seen the list. This is what I was hoping the first Arcade Classics would be when it was announced.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
According to that Chinese ad, the game should have been released last year.
That's the part that's killing me...you have this ad from back then, and poof...nothing.

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Not a peep about any kind of release date or even delay info since then. I want to go along with what Sage says about this being standard operating procedure for SNKP to typically follow release date info with all the urgency of a glacier adrift in the ocean, but part of me is still wary as to how legit the info is.
:(

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
That's the part that's killing me...you have this ad from back then, and poof...nothing.

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Not a peep about any kind of release date or even delay info since then. I want to go along with what Sage says about this being standard operating procedure for SNKP to typically follow release date info with all the urgency of a glacier adrift in the ocean, but part of me is still wary as to how legit the info is.
:(

Yeah, it's one thing to wait for news of a delay or even if it's getting a USA release, but it would be nice to at least know it WILL exist somewhere in the world at some point (presumably Japan)..

So.. is it real? Stay tuned .. ;)

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
It's really bizarre for an emulator + ROMs release to be delayed like this. I know the company is known for it but it's easiest way to milk old franchises and they still have issues getting it released..

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
It's really bizarre for an emulator + ROMs release to be delayed like this. I know the company is known for it but it's easiest way to milk old franchises and they still have issues getting it released..

Well, would you prefer they rush it to release and end up with it being poorly emulated with slowdown and glitches galore? ;)

I assume there is some measure of quality testing / debugging / fine tuning in the emulation involved even in a "emulator + ROMS" release"

(and somehow I doubt it's that simple - didn't these older SNK releases run on a variety of arcade hardware, thus making it harder to emualte all of them?)

I prefer they get it RIGHT. I can wait.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If they have problem with one emulator, I don't want to think what would happen with a dozen on the same UMD (crosses fingers).

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
Well, would you prefer they rush it to release and end up with it being poorly emulated with slowdown and glitches galore? ;)

It's simple 80s arcade hardware that's been well emulated+documented for years. It takes a terrible, terrible programmer (a paid one at that!) to somehow fuck it up even on the PSP/PS2 given the time they had to work with. I emulated similar era arcade hardware as an exercise and it is not as hard as you might think and that is only as a mediocre hobbyist programmer. They're definitely dragging their feet. Although I'd hope after all this time they atleast get the emulation decent :)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Well, hopefully it didn't get canceled or anything. I'd love to add to my collection of compilation discs for the PS2. Now I just need a PS2 arcade stick...

Chris

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's simple 80s arcade hardware that's been well emulated+documented for years. It takes a terrible, terrible programmer (a paid one at that!) to somehow fuck it up even on the PSP/PS2. . .

This is why the PS2 'classics vol. 1 was such a disappointment. The games in question all run fine on a few different emulators on my rombox. You would think slapping a front end on it and QAing it wouldn't have been impossible. Yet somehow, it went to pot. I hope vol. 0 comes correct.

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
Wow,hahaz..I remember when a youngin my aunt coming back from japan one summer.She gave me a copy of Athena.I couldn't get past that fucking tree in the first stage.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
P.O.FUCKING W.!! Based on that game alone this collection is a day 1 purchase for me.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Haven't heard anything on this game in a while so I thought I'd check in.. ;)

Questions:

1. Has it come out in Japan yet? If yes, when did it come out?

2. Any scheduled release date at ALL for its Japanese OR USA release?

3. Any news at all?

SNK Arcade Classics Volume 0 was listed for PS2, so I hope it wasn't cancelled due to less and less PS2 games being made.

Of course. they could (and should) release it on the Wii too.

(It would be nice to have the GOOD version - the Wii version - of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 on the same system as a version of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 0 ;-)