SNK Arcade Classics 0

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Haven't heard anything on this game in a while so I thought I'd check in.. ;)

Questions:

1. Has it come out in Japan yet? If yes, when did it come out?

2. Any scheduled release date at ALL for its Japanese OR USA release?

3. Any news at all?

SNK Arcade Classics Volume 0 was listed for PS2, so I hope it wasn't cancelled due to less and less PS2 games being made.

Of course. they could (and should) release it on the Wii too.

(It would be nice to have the GOOD version - the Wii version - of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 on the same system as a version of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 0 ;-)

What makes the wii version of classics 1 better than the PS2 rev?

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
You know what SNKP should do? They should pick an old game of theirs that still has some appeal with people today like Ikari Warriors or Athena and remake it and improve on it/add new gameplay features and stuff. I can only hope that some day they'll do something like that for Crystalis. :(

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
If they had Beast Busters, I'd be uber-excited. I'll probably still pick it up.

GMetro

n00b
This game is vaporware. Why not release all the interesting unreleased games for Neo Geo instead of attempting and then not even releasing rehashed pre Neo trash the consumers don't want? SNK is on their last leg.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
SNK is on their last leg.

What up G? SNK lost their last leg in 2001. SNKP however still has enough fight in 'em to get KOF XIII out to home consoles. Some of us hope so, anyway. Welcome to the boards. :)

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
would be nice if they released some special edition/limited rotary joysticks as well.... I'd be willing to drop some major coin for those.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
would be nice if they released some special edition/limited rotary joysticks as well.... I'd be willing to drop some major coin for those.

Agree, the PS2 pad mushroom can do the trick, but it just...sucks.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey

I Agree with you:) SNKP needs to release a Rotary Stick for the their older games.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
This game is vaporware. Why not release all the interesting unreleased games for Neo Geo instead of attempting and then not even releasing rehashed pre Neo trash the consumers don't want? SNK is on their last leg.

Until this game is officially cancelled in Japan (or in the USA if it ever gets officially announced ;) I prefer to look forward to it.

LOL "pre Neo Trash"? I don't think so. I bet people here have some fond memories of those pre Neo games they've played before.

And naturally it's always nice to find new (old) games you've never played before that you end up enjoying :-)

(thus one of the reasons why compilations are cool in the first place)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I wonder if it has to do with the Neo Geo Station release, they may have decided to go that route instead.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I wonder if it has to do with the Neo Geo Station release, they may have decided to go that route instead.
They wouldn't be the same games, so they shouldn't be related. If this is actually canceled, I'm real disappointed. This was the collection I was waiting for.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
What's with the boneheaded moves from SNK lately, or are we considering that par for the course at this point?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Lack of new titles, crappy netcode, cash-ins like Neo Geo Station. It seems pretty obvious they're strapped for cash.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
great i loved search n destroy ikari trilogy when i was a kid il keep psp now !

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I want to get really excited about this, but it will still probably slow down like Vol.1.

I hope they release for the Wii

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Don't really want it on PSP. I like to play old arcade games on a normal screen. But I suppose beggers can't be choosers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
From their site it looks like they're all arcade originals. I'll probably go for the Japanese version, just in case the US version gets censored (i.e. Guevara).

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl