SNK Arcade Classics 0

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Interesting.

I wonder why they numbered it '0' instead of '2'?

I also wonder what games will be in the collection.

Maybe some non neo-geo stuff like Vanguard and P.O.W.? Looking forward to the lineup on this one.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Interesting.

I wonder why they numbered it '0' instead of '2'?

I also wonder what games will be in the collection.

Maybe some non neo-geo stuff like Vanguard and P.O.W.? Looking forward to the lineup on this one.

I'm guessing that you're right...it's probably pre-Neo SNK games, hence the 0.

Instabuy if true :vik:

I'd nab it off of Amazon as soon as it's on sale...just look at what happened to the PS2 SamSho Antho prices. :eek:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
My god, I know. I still can't fucking believe how the SS anthology prices have skyrocketed.

It's the only PS2 compilation I didn't buy the US version of. I have the JP version for PS2 and picked up the US Wii compilation but the button layout and pad for the Wii classic controller is a joke to play that game with and I don't feel like investing in a different controller just to play SS in English on the Wii. My JP PS2 version w/neo stick 2 is sufficient.

I'm still pretty amazed at the prices, though.

IT MUST BE TEH RARE!!!111!111!!111!!!!!!!1

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
My god, I know. I still can't fucking believe how the SS anthology prices have skyrocketed.

It's the only PS2 compilation I didn't buy the US version of. I have the JP version for PS2 and picked up the US Wii compilation but the button layout and pad for the Wii classic controller is a joke to play that game with and I don't feel like investing in a different controller just to play SS in English on the Wii. My JP PS2 version w/neo stick 2 is sufficient.

I'm still pretty amazed at the prices, though.

IT MUST BE TEH RARE!!!111!111!!111!!!!!!!1

lol no shit, it's just a bunch of terrible eBay flippers taking advantage of naive fighter fans.

I don't know about SSA but the Wii Hori stick works like a charm with the other SNKP compilations (sans MSA...morons :mad:). You should grab one if you can find it.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
:eek:

When did the SSA get so expensive?! Last time I looked it was $14...and I still didn't want it. I never played the us version but I doubt it sucked as bad as MSA. I still can't get over how poorly emulated the first 5 slugs are on that compilation.

This "0" collection might be a purchase for me, I never thought I'd see a port of SAR....fantastic game!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
My guess for the massive increase in e-bay prices for SSA is a combination of rarity (it's a PS2 release, after all) and people not knowing it was released until well after the fact. A lot of regular distribution chains probably refused to carry it since SNK-P releases more often than not end up in the shovelware bins and mixed in with the other impulse goods on the way to checkout at big box stores.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
The summary mentions the use of "guns...tanks and grenades" so I'm praying that means:

2u7st5j.jpg

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
wish they can include Nam-75.............

Me too. Is there a reason why they can't? I'd buy this just for a good port of Nam personally.

I'm really glad I bought my copy of SamSho Anthology on PS2 when it was 15 bucks.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Actually that NESTS collection is really nice. No reason for it to come out here. All those games are available already.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If this is non-Neo Geo games then I'm all over it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Since this collection will have ikari warriors i'm realy interested now.Though i hope it will have POW,Vangaurd and Guerilla War as well.

PS hopes for time soldier as well.

Last edited:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Time Soldiers >>>>>>>>>> Ikari Warriors

but I don't know if they're going to count Alpha Denshi games in an SNK collection

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Hm, the PSP version is pretty tempting. I know that all of the SNK comps are downloadable for the PSP Go, having a Neo Geo in my pants would be pretty awesome. :D

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, Time Soliders would be awesome.

Also:
Prehistoric Isle
Sky Adventure
Sky Soldiers
Satan of Saturn
Beast Busters

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Vanguard and Vanguard 2 would be nice as would the Ikari Trilogy but what would make my day?!! PSYCHO SOLDIER!!! :buttrock:

EDIT: Hate answering an old thread w/out checking!

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
* BUMP *

Looks like the official list of games for this collection has apparently been discovered:
link

Seems there were ads in Japan for this and Metal Slug XX that showed screenshots. Check the bottom half of this ad:
link

If this is true, then I'd say there are a lot of games on that list to be happy about, like the Ikari Trilogy & Guerrilla War for example.

Anybody heard more about this who can confirm/deny?

:eye::eye: