Sony cancels December 25th premiere of 'The Interview' after terror threat

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This story is far more interesting than the plot of The Interview. Maybe Sony could make a movie about it to recoup their losses.

If the hacker turns out to be a random kid rather than North Korea, that would be a great twist.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
If the hacker turns out to be a random kid rather than North Korea, that would be a great twist.

Finding out that North Korea has modern computers would be a great twist. They don't seem capable of it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If a "comedy" outlined a similar plot against Obama, would such a movie see the light of day?

Or would the director find himself locked in a casket for three days at a time, let out only so some CIA interrogator can funnel Big Macs up his ass with a diesel tube, while a revving mac truck runs jumper cables to his nipples?

WHILE getting piss-boarded by an african bull elephant that's shackled right above him?

Don't get me wrong, Kim Jong Ping Pongs a fucking faggot...but these hollywood jerkoff fantasies about offing a head of state is seen as an indirect declaration of war to these people.

Which leaves me conflicted, was the film supposed to take the piss out of some shitty little tyrant?

Or was this just another subtle piece of shit propaganda like Hitman (2007), where agent 47 acts out a GOP wetdream by killing Russian President Vladimir Putin....er- Mikhail Belicoff at the end?

Were the film makers

1) Truly well intentioned; sticking up for the downtrodden North Koreans?
2) Attention whore faggots?
3) Playfully inviting NK into Americas perpetual war on earth, while conditioning American doofs to accept it when it happens a few years from now?

In this post 9/11 world we live in its usually a combination of 2 and 3.

So here's my verdict:
Fuck this film, Rogen and Franco can eat a dick.

Do you have this much seething hatred for Hots Shots: Part Deux?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
130425_674385-kim-jong-un.jpg

Super duper hack-top ..

Jokes aside ...

1. North Korea denied ..and evidence is flimsy .. if not totally missing. But that ain't fun so they did it .. case closed.
2. Who made the terror threats .. why the heck have Sony canceled the premiere .. since when are they experts in counter terrorism? Isn't it up to the police and the government to decide if it is safe or not...
3. Most probably a PR stunt combined with some more fear mongering ... you know for Christmas.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Uh, no. Franco is a really good actor- have you seen, say, 127 Hours or Spring Breakers?

I don't doubt you're right. I haven't seen either.

I was just talking out of my ass ( Incredibly rare).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
S O N Y R P U S S I E S !

xROTx

PS. Looked like a shit film anyway... I wasn't going to watch it... but to pussy out because of a few threats makes teh USA look like Colonel Scaredy Cat...
PPS. All the rhetoric of the US Government... of... "We do not negotiate with Terrorist..."... gets undone by some Sandy Vag'ed Movie Execs...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
S O N Y R P U S S I E S !

xROTx

PS. Looked like a shit film anyway... I wasn't going to watch it... but to pussy out because of a few threats makes teh USA look like Colonel Scaredy Cat...
PPS. All the rhetoric of the US Government... of... "We do not negotiate with Terrorist..."... gets undone by some Sandy Vag'ed Movie Execs...

It was undone long before this shit mess happened.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It was undone long before this shit mess happened.

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you-should-surrender-first-e9ea59.jpg

xROTx

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
More bad news...

Paramount Cancels ‘Team America’ Showings, Theaters Claim

Forget those plans by Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and other theaters to run Team America: World Police in place of The Interview. The Austin-based chain says that Paramount has now decided not to offer South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s 2004 satire that focuses on Kim Jong-il, the late father of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Alamo says that the cancellation at its Dallas theater is “due to circumstances beyond our control” and says it will offer refunds to those who have already bought tickets. Cleveland’s Capitol Theater also tweeted that Team America “has been canceled by Paramount Pictures.”

Yesterday Sony pulled The Interview, which depicts an assassination of Kim Jong-un, after hackers threatened theaters that showed the film.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Seems Paramount is afraid they'd be the target of a cyber attack now.

Terrorists Win!!!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Stop lamenting this as a puss-out and start celebrating it as a triumph for cold, calculated capitalism.

Sony, Hollywood, theatre operators and the US govt don't give a rats fuck about anyone that gets blown up in a theater (although the latter prefers you get shot up for newer gun laws).

Fearing an attack, nobody would go out to theaters and box office profits would take a huge hit across the board.

So Sony took one for the team, pulled their shitty movie, generated a bunch of hype (for a box-office dud), and played themselves up as a responsible outfit that totally cares for the safety of their customers and Murkan citizens alike.

Do you have this much seething hatred for Hots Shots: Part Deux?

That's EXACTLY the movie I was thinking about while I made that post.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I could see that approach if not for Sony Pictures limping from all the leaked information posted.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I was chatting with a Sony employee today who told me that everyone's(employees) personal information was leaked. Names, address', phone #'s, email, bank account info,etc...
He said him and numerous other Sony employees are putting together a class action suite against Sony.

It got me wondering if I was effected as I used to work for SOE.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
is this leaked yet

not paying for this gimmicky horseshit

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
This probably wouldn't have been that great of a movie, typical stoner stuff but i'd still watch it so I could mindless wharf down popcorn like its intended audience. I'm surprised Sony decided not to release it because it just shows how weak they are. The info is still out there and now they're doubly losing money because of it

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
they are releasing it online or ppv or something

one way or another they need to recoup a portion of their investment

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When Sony has another shit year, they are going to blame it on this. Even though, this has nothing to do with their shit business.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I wonder if this means Team America wont be getting a blu-ray release for years to come.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When I first caught wind of the script I knew this was gonna happen. I think it would have been better if they "accidentally" killed him and then did a Weekend at Bernie's with him.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The movie is probably awful, but I still want to see it...

DHaDHI1.jpg

Last edited:

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Seems really odd this movie hasn't leaked yet... Anything else this talked about would already be splattered across torrent sites.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Seems really odd this movie hasn't leaked yet... Anything else this talked about would already be splattered across torrent sites.

I did see somewhere like 30 seconds or so of near the end of the movie showing what becomes of Kim Jong Un.

It was rather tasteless, but in the interest of free speech and all that, fucking terrorists.