Sony cancels December 25th premiere of 'The Interview' after terror threat

noCLip

Camel Slug
I wasnt really planning on seeing it in the theaters, but probably woulda rented it down the line. I think its pretty fucking lame that it got pulled. I wouldnt doubt that it will get leaked at some point

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Makes your really wonder what deep dark secrets the hackers found on Sony's servers that would cause Sony to can the movie and throw away millions of dollars, because let me tell you they didn't do it for fear of people safety. Corporations never value human life over profits.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
is there any past instance of a Hollywood film being kabashed by an organization of any kind? Chaplin's The Great Dictator got a US release and was well received.

You mean other than the MPAA?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Makes your really wonder what deep dark secrets the hackers found on Sony's servers that would cause Sony to can the movie and throw away millions of dollars, because let me tell you they didn't do it for fear of people safety. Corporations never value human life over profits.

Given they are a large media company, there's probably enough dirt in there to sink the company to the point of making even the asset auction toxic.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
U.S. intelligence says it has evidence North Korea is not the “sole entity” behind the Sony Pictures malware attack.
A source told Fox News on Friday the sophistication of the attack rules out North Korea and instead implicates Russia, China or Iran.
ext thing you know they are pushing for CISPA once again. This is starting to smell bigtime.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah they have them over a barrel now. Its a wrap for Sony Picture Studios I think.

They must have some REALLY juicy dirt on them for them to bitch up like this.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Why even create a controversial movie when you are going to backtrack and waste money? Sony as a whole is bleeding financially, and quite frankly, they deserve it. Oh, I also heard that they don't entertain PSN accounts being hacked. LOL

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sony already knows the film isn't going to be a blockbuster hit. They'll not risk endangering the game division, which is where the real money is at for them.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
This type shit wouldn't happen in the UK
The Mi5 would see to that .
Roll on 007
Ps
Sony bunch of A-holes sucking up to NK.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Why even create a controversial movie when you are going to backtrack and waste money? Sony as a whole is bleeding financially, and quite frankly, they deserve it. Oh, I also heard that they don't entertain PSN accounts being hacked. LOL
lol nice rank

this is lame, I mean the movie is supposedly awful

still..

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
this is all thanks to some sony employee clicking on something he shouldn't have... and everything being stored in "the cloud".

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
this is all thanks to some sony employee clicking on something he shouldn't have... and everything being stored in "the cloud".

He wanted to know about that one weird trick.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Come on guys, they're not that bad. Pineapple Express had its moments before it lost the plot. I enjoyed This Is the End a lot more the second time I saw it. The first time was at the cinema sandwiched between my wife and mother, which I found rather uncomfortable :lolz: The second was at home and I wasn't sober = much more fun. They're making lowbrow comedies. What are you expecting, the fucking Piano?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's kind of funny reading all the responses about how it would've been a shit movie anyway, like it's either Godfather or bust around here.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
ext thing you know they are pushing for CISPA once again. This is starting to smell bigtime.

This just might be the thing that could bring the internet under regulation. Unfortunately, those in power must have noticed that no one cares about things in this day and age. And willing to believe whatever crap the media sites put out. If there is anything that people care about these days, it is the internet. If that does become regulated, then there will be a major backlash.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's kind of funny reading all the responses about how it would've been a shit movie anyway, like it's either Godfather or bust around here.

Especially considering all the guilty pleasures that get propped up in this place under the auspices of quality film making.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
J1i5j1O.gif