Trump will win the 2020 election

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don’t agree with it...but I get why some people are concerned about the cost of universal healthcare...but I think my bigger concern is why should it cost more in the US than other countries?

Maybe if we solved to that first then the hopefully lower cost would less of an issue to some folks.

I know I am simplifying things, but I am a simple kind of man.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I disagree. I really don't think that will happen, unfortunately. Especially if the pandemic doesn't move the needle. It's like how gun control has barely changed after a massacre at a kindergarten followed by the deadliest mass shooting in history. A quarter of a million people are going to die - at the least. But that's not going to change anything. Those corporations and lobbyists are too entrenched.

I’m biased of course, but gun control and healthcare are far from analogous situations.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I’m biased of course, but gun control and healthcare are far from analogous situations.

I should've summarized it to be clearer - Both issues basically saw their worst case scenarios, but those didn't really have an impact.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I should've summarized it to be clearer - Both issues basically saw their worst case scenarios, but those didn't really have an impact.

Ah, gotcha.

Had we had competent leadership during the pandemic I’d imagine we could have seen some progress on healthcare.

It’s crazy to me that so many republicans chose Trump to be they candidate they bet everything on. Oh well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I’ve always wondered who asks their doctor about ads they saw on TV. I mean, you’re going to trust a commercial, paid advertising, you saw on network television?!? I could understand if you were desperate for a cure or some kind improvement to your condition...

...but in the era of Trump where even experts are not to be trusted and you can drink bleach or expose yourself to inner light I think I’m finally getting it.

I have made suggestions to a physician. You have to remember this, I have had days to think about the situation and find solutions, A doctor has only had 15 minutes to think about it.

Sometimes it is good to shoot an idea off them. Also, you have to remember that they are highly influenced by pharma marketing reps.

In the end, I will trust his/her judgement. But at the same time, I want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Ah, gotcha.

Had we had competent leadership during the pandemic I’d imagine we could have seen some progress on healthcare.

It’s crazy to me that so many republicans chose Trump to be they candidate they bet everything on. Oh well.

They'll distance themselves the first chance they get. "He wasn't one of us" or "He wasn't a real Republican."

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Except the possibility of increased tax burden to pay for it?

I don't belive that our government is (or should be) in the business of providing health insurance or health care. If I changed my mind because someone I know got sick, that would make my position not very principled.
Well, great news: Your position is already not very principled.

I don’t agree with it...but I get why some people are concerned about the cost of universal healthcare...but I think my bigger concern is why should it cost more in the US than other countries?
Because we spend more on some things than those other countries do. Well, when I say "things," it's really just one thing. Defense.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well, great news: Your position is already not very principled.

Because we spend more on some things than those other countries do. Well, when I say "things," it's really just one thing. Defense.

Well it's certainly not being spent on a functional voting system. The lack of a clear result after 3 days is completely unacceptable. As with healthcare, no other major nation has to put up with this shit. There's no excuse why elections results shouldn't be known on election day. It's almost as if wiggle room is left by design and it's no wonder the losing side in close elections winds up thinking they were robbed. Florida fixed their system after the 2000 debacle and now it runs very smoothly. If Florida can do it, why can't every state?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well it's certainly not being spent on a functional voting system. The lack of a clear result after 3 days is completely unacceptable. As with healthcare, no other major nation has to put up with this shit. There's no excuse why elections results shouldn't be known on election day. It's almost as if wiggle room is left by design and it's no wonder the losing side in close elections winds up thinking they were robbed. Florida fixed their system after the 2000 debacle and now it runs very smoothly. If Florida can do it, why can't every state?

Your complaint is moot. Mail in ballots became a necessity for many, and republican congresses in many cases refused to accommodate the change. So here we are taking the time we need to count every vote.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

The result has been very clear for days - no? I'd assumed 'It could still go either way' was just lip service to string out trumps hilarious humiliation and give him more rope to hang himself.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, Florida can fast count. Not only have they had time to prepare their system for a deluge of mail in ballots, but they are allowed to pre canvass them before tuesday.

Other states (such as PA) are not allowed to open ballots before tuesday. This is at the direction of the Republican legislature and the republican party.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lol. Have you ever watched RT?

Do you think Larry King, Ed Schultz, Chris Hedges and Jesse Ventura are/were agents of the Russian government?

What is a reputable source of information?

100% definitely not RT. and don't try to gaslight me I never said anything about them being agents of the Russian government. saying RT is reputable is like saying Fox News and CNN are a great nunbiased source of information.

Roker's picks which I'm sure you're going to probably lambast as well:

NPR
BBC
PBS (Frontline)
Nytimes
The Hill

What do you think of Al Jazeera?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes, Florida can fast count. Not only have they had time to prepare their system for a deluge of mail in ballots, but they are allowed to pre canvass them before tuesday.

Other states (such as PA) are not allowed to open ballots before tuesday. This is at the direction of the Republican legislature and the republican party.

This is why it’s such a moot point for pro Trump members to say the system didn’t work. It worked as the Republicans designed it, and they designed it poorly. If a white supremacist was elected to power, Razo would say it worked perfectly.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I was out this morning and while driving through the town I still saw some Trump Pence signs in people’s yards...wonder how long they’ll leave them up.