Trump will win the 2020 election

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
At what point does the electoral college / popular vote disparity become untenable?

If current demographic trends continue, in the not too distant future we could potentially have someone lose the popular vote by 10%+ and still win the electoral college.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Even with all the social unrest going on, all I see is the same political polarization ramped up to 11 in both sides..

You are wrong on the "Both Sides" polarization.

More prominent republicans have crossed sides to endorse Biden than any candidate has received cross endorsements in history.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At what point does the electoral college / popular vote disparity become untenable?

The point at which Republicans win the popular vote once in eight elections yet manage to take the white house 4 times.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

If current demographic trends continue, in the not too distant future we could potentially have someone lose the popular vote by 10%+ and still win the electoral college.

I think it's already untenable. It was always difficult to build a majority. The computerization of politics has made it easier to game the system, and win with a minority instead.

I don't know how to fix this.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think it's already untenable. It was always difficult to build a majority. The computerization of politics has made it easier to game the system, and win with a minority instead.

I don't know how to fix this.

Maine might be on the right track with ranked choice voting.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
More prominent republicans have crossed sides to endorse Biden than any candidate has received cross endorsements in history.

That's interesting, but did any of those other past candidates, who are now behind Biden on the list of receiving cross endorsements, actually won with their opponent? I'd like to know that, because from my experience, gestures in politics are usually dirt cheap and worth close to nothing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Did Ronald Reagan win?

But anyways, the purpose of the post is not about the efficacy of endorsements, but question the state of traditional political polarization.

We are seeing a new political realignment.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Did Ronald Reagan win?

But anyways, the purpose of the post is not about the efficacy of endorsements, but question the state of traditional political polarization.

We are seeing a new political realignment.

Yeah, Reagan got cross endorsements... he of all candidates. Who would've thought that about the DP. Interesting drawing parallels between Trump & Carter. According to the latter, the most intense and mounting opposition to his policies came from the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. But Biden is definitely not Reagan, so 2020 won't work like 1980 did.

But anyhow, I agree with the passing state of traditional political polarization, since the usual choice between good and evil slowly transcends into having to choose the lesser evil. Ironically, Trump's grossness and crudity managed to sensitize the American electorate for the more subtle shades of democracy and as a German, I can only say: welcome to the club.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Well then here's a handy endorsement!

118768844_4234968976596124_6331603093414081542_n.jpg

You know they all have a 3rd mortgage on them. They're going to be paying $700 a month for the next decade for something sitting on the bottom of a lake

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The boat parades are the real Trump base. It's RV dealers with 26 foot boats in the driveway.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The pro-Trump voices are really ramping up in Michigan because of a recent visit. Mentally I've checked out. I've been working some side jobs and I really just can't handle the unnecessary stress of this contentious election. I've been ignoring most of the text messages from pro-Trump family members.

I'm not sure what they're expecting. Am I supposed to listen to their bullshit about him and be like "oh yeah he totally is going to get my vote now"? I think they just like to fight and argue and feel like they're fulfilling their duty by shitting on the anti-Trump people. This is one of the primary reasons why I don't want Trump to win is because he has the most obnoxious supporters in the history of the United States ... Well at least in my lifetime.

I'm still on the belief that he will win, though. Make no mistake, this is his election to lose. It has nothing to do with Biden. You're either for Trump or against Trump.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Make no mistake, this is his election to lose. It has nothing to do with Biden. You're either for Trump or against Trump.

Yeah, valid point, one that could get Biden a lot of votes from unexpected places. So at least he'll be the moral winner... On another note, just how important are presidential debates in the US? Is there something to gain for Biden there? Or is it just hot air?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The pro-Trump voices are really ramping up in Michigan because of a recent visit. Mentally I've checked out. I've been working some side jobs and I really just can't handle the unnecessary stress of this contentious election. I've been ignoring most of the text messages from pro-Trump family members.

I'm not sure what they're expecting. Am I supposed to listen to their bullshit about him and be like "oh yeah he totally is going to get my vote now"? I think they just like to fight and argue and feel like they're fulfilling their duty by shitting on the anti-Trump people. This is one of the primary reasons why I don't want Trump to win is because he has the most obnoxious supporters in the history of the United States ... Well at least in my lifetime.

I'm still on the belief that he will win, though. Make no mistake, this is his election to lose. It has nothing to do with Biden. You're either for Trump or against Trump.

Infowars hit the chaldeans strong. Took a vulnerable group of people and worked their paranoia.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Almost totally out of the loop here but does infowars have any clout since being knocked out of most mainstream channels? I don’t know if facts have ever mattered but certainly they matter less in 2020.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Almost totally out of the loop here but does infowars have any clout since being knocked out of most mainstream channels? I don’t know if facts have ever mattered but certainly they matter less in 2020.

The damage was done back before it got kicked off mainstream channels. A lot of people fully invested in Alex's theories, and still are. They think Soros is actively trying to instigate crises for personal gain, and since they latched onto that story, they end up taking on many other stories, just to self validate.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Alex Jones pretty much admitted to being a phony in his divorce proceedings. Not that it will sway the most dedicated.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Infowars hit the chaldeans strong. Took a vulnerable group of people and worked their paranoia.

Don't forget single issue voters that refuse to see anything past abortion. The dedication to Trump in the chaldean community is akin to a cult leader and his followers. He literally can do no wrong and anything that doesn't fit their world view is automatically fake news.

ICE was deporting people's aunts and uncles and dads and grandmas etc and yet the support for Trump is unwavering. I think it wasn't infowars that started to make Chaldeans turn, but post 9/11 Arab anxiety. The community felt the need to separate itself from Muslims and relied on the religion to separate them.

I just don't think America ever got past 9/11 and its effects are still being felt today.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A frightening number of people across the political spectrum have revealed themselves to be authoritarians in the wake of George Floyd.

It’s disheartening.