Post Your Recent Purchases!

Skokage

n00b
Hey everyone, new to the forums and Neo Geo collecting in general. A few weeks back I finally found a semi-decent MVS-4-25 Revision 2 for a great price so I finally pulled the trigger. The cab has a great functioning CRT in it, but the vast majority of it has been neglected and the 3rd slot doesn't work, so I'm currently in the research phase of my upcoming restoration project. So far I've got the LED marquee kit on order, talking with Joe Szabo about getting a complete art kit for this version (his website currently only stocks the Revision 3 that has the speakers in the front with the marquee), and figuring out what type of buttons/joysticks I want to go with. But maybe most shockingly, the memory card reader actually works already.

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The LED marquee kit is great, but I actually had all the original stuff for the EL panels when I was doing my restore, and I wish I'd tried restoring that first before selling all the EL panel stuff. (At the time I didn't realize how easy they are to fix.)

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Hey everyone, new to the forums and Neo Geo collecting in general. A few weeks back I finally found a semi-decent MVS-4-25 Revision 2 for a great price so I finally pulled the trigger. The cab has a great functioning CRT in it, but the vast majority of it has been neglected and the 3rd slot doesn't work, so I'm currently in the research phase of my upcoming restoration project. So far I've got the LED marquee kit on order, talking with Joe Szabo about getting a complete art kit for this version (his website currently only stocks the Revision 3 that has the speakers in the front with the marquee), and figuring out what type of buttons/joysticks I want to go with. But maybe most shockingly, the memory card ready actually works already.

View attachment 69827

View attachment 69826
Fantastic- enjoy. I have amassed many arcade cabs over the years, but have to say that my 6-slot Big Red will be the last I would ever sell. Quality and stereo and EL panels :-)

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
JG22WZK.jpg

doaal

Marked Wolf
Really nice cab. Make sure to get the appropriate coloured buttons and dialectric grease under the tube's anode cap.
Hey everyone, new to the forums and Neo Geo collecting in general. A few weeks back I finally found a semi-decent MVS-4-25 Revision 2 for a great price so I finally pulled the trigger. The cab has a great functioning CRT in it, but the vast majority of it has been neglected and the 3rd slot doesn't work, so I'm currently in the research phase of my upcoming restoration project. So far I've got the LED marquee kit on order, talking with Joe Szabo about getting a complete art kit for this version (his website currently only stocks the Revision 3 that has the speakers in the front with the marquee), and figuring out what type of buttons/joysticks I want to go with. But maybe most shockingly, the memory card ready actually works already.

Skokage

n00b
Really nice cab. Make sure to get the appropriate coloured buttons and dialectric grease under the tube's anode cap.
Will definitely make sure the new buttons are the correct colors, but honestly I'm almost considering doing clear LED buttons and maybe just swapping the microswitches to Sanwas?... I don't know, wish I could see a cab in person that already has clear LED buttons to see if it looks cool or gaudy.

Also thanks for the suggestion on the dialectric grease! I hadn't read about that piece of maintenance elsewhere so far, although I am also only a few weeks into the research process.

Skokage

n00b
Also my first stack of games for my new MVS-4-25! I know I know, get a multi-cart. And you are right, that's the financially smarter move... But honestly I think a lot of me just enjoys the hunt, finding a good legit copy at a great price.

IMG_2221.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Where can the correct colors be found? I still have lime green in mine.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Also my first stack of games for my new MVS-4-25! I know I know, get a multi-cart. And you are right, that's the financially smarter move... But honestly I think a lot of me just enjoys the hunt, finding a good legit copy at a great price.

View attachment 69864
I see you're new here so you probably didn't know but you must pay tribute.
I expect to see that Blazing Star cart in my mailbox by next week.
😉

doaal

Marked Wolf
Will definitely make sure the new buttons are the correct colors, but honestly I'm almost considering doing clear LED buttons and maybe just swapping the microswitches to Sanwas?... I don't know, wish I could see a cab in person that already has clear LED buttons to see if it looks cool or gaudy.

Also thanks for the suggestion on the dialectric grease! I hadn't read about that piece of maintenance elsewhere so far, although I am also only a few weeks into the research process.
IIRC the button holes on a US cab won't fit Japanese buttons without using a dremel, but there are some American-style ILs that get close to the feel of Seimitsus.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
IIRC the button holes on a US cab won't fit Japanese buttons without using a dremel, but there are some American-style ILs that get close to the feel of Seimitsus.
Sanwa type buttons are 30mm.
Happ/IL buttons are something like 28mm.
Happ/IL competition buttons are convex (domed) like Japanese buttons.
Being fans of both styles I don't think they feel anything alike with the Jap ones being a faster lighter press.