Sen. Dianne Feinstein dies at 90

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Does this mean Newsom gets to appoint a senator until an election can be held?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
She's done a lot of great work over the years, and her passing is a sad day for American politics.

That said, there really needs to be an age limit set for public servants. Cap it off at 80 at the very least.

Call me crazy, but the last thing I'll want to do at 80 and beyond is work my day job that I've been doing for decades.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If we don't trust people under a certain age to vote or hold high office (and rightfully so...), the same should apply for the olds.

With the speed that technology, news and law moves, 80+ year olds are largely disconnected and ill-equipped to manage a Walmart much less the free world. That's not to say they don't have invaluable knowledge and wisdom. They just shouldn't be able to dictate cultural norms or policy regarding anything that requires keeping up with the state of the world. And that's before you even get in to the "how do we know that they're packing a full sea bag" stuff.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If we don't trust people under a certain age to vote or hold high office (and rightfully so...), the same should apply for the olds.

With the speed that technology, news and law moves, 80+ year olds are largely disconnected and ill-equipped to manage a Walmart much less the free world. That's not to say they don't have invaluable knowledge and wisdom. They just shouldn't be able to dictate cultural norms or policy regarding anything that requires keeping up with the state of the world. And that's before you even get in to the "how do we know that they're packing a full sea bag" stuff.
Watching Biden now is like watching Patrick Stewart in the last series of Picard, you just want to find him his glasses and help him get home.

100proof

10 Year Member
I'm going to assume that tweet is sarcastic because that's not what dunking on someone is. It wasn't remotely funny or clever and she didn't put them in their place in any way. That was just an old bat being a dismissive cunt to kids. "I was elected by almost a million vote plurality...". No shit, you dried-out old bag... California is blue as fuck. They'd vote for a used bar towel as long as it wasn't red.

Obviously she's not going to take her legislative priorities from what a bunch of high school kids want but there's a way to respond to citizens and future voters who are passionate about an issue without being shitty and dismissive. Jesus, I was already glad she was dead. Thanks for reminding me why.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Living in the shitty communist country of California her departure will not be mourned, if only she took Führer Newsom with her

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
newyorker.jpg

Up coming New Yorker cover from before she died.
You know what I was confusing her with another politician not Pelosi either.

mitchmcon.jpg

That time Jello Biafra ran against her for Mayor,

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
80+ year olds are largely disconnected and ill-equipped to manage a Walmart much less the free world. That's not to say they don't have invaluable knowledge and wisdom.
Is even this definitely true?

I've been waiting for the wisdom that apparently comes with age to hit me for 40 years, I'm definitely older than my parents were when they started using that line against me yet I'm not convinced I know a single thing more useful to me than when I was 20.

If wisdom comes with age, wouldn't old people start agreeing on shit more often? The only thing I see old people agreeing on is that younger people are shittier than they were, surprise surprise.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Is even this definitely true?

I've been waiting for the wisdom that apparently comes with age to hit me for 40 years, I'm definitely older than my parents were when they started using that line against me yet I'm not convinced I know a single thing more useful to me than when I was 20.

If wisdom comes with age, wouldn't old people start agreeing on shit more often? The only thing I see old people agreeing on is that younger people are shittier than they were, surprise surprise.
They do all agree.....in the fact that they're looking out for themselves no matter who else it fucks over

100proof

10 Year Member
I mean it's not universal... ignorant morons are going to remain ignorant morons for the most part. However, anyone who's been successful in a job for thirty plus years is going to have a great deal of institutional knowledge or, if nothing else, will know where the bodies are buried. Mitch McConnell is a 200 lb. shit golem but he'd be the first person I would ask questions if I joined the Senate. Assuming, of course, that he can get out 10 words without having a stroke.