So the Ezra Miller Flash movie is finally coming out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
They can honestly fuck off with all this multiverse shit. I’ve seen it so much and it’s tiring. The Spiderverse movies were pretty clever with it, but Avengers, Tom Holland Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, etc were all boring and uninspired.

you got all this from watching the trailer?

awesome.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Jesus, use the spoiler thing.

...why? This isn't some kind of "Vader's Lukes dad/Bruce Willis was dead the whole time/its his sled" type information. Its a 2 second CGI cameo of a 1960s batman actor.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Spiderverse is the best actual multi verse flick. The rest remain as nostalgia bait and fan service, which I’m ok with, but Spiderverse is also actually a good movie.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The Flash is flopping worse than the harshest critic's wildest imaginings. They held back the finished movie for years, hoping the Ezra Miller thing would blow over, and in the meantime, a bunch of other Multiverse movies got filmed, released and beat them to market. Hilarious.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Remember when Michael Keaton passed on doing a third Batman movie because he was concerned with it's quality. Now he's appearing in this trash so don't assume another Batman movie infested with CGI written by a focus group of AI brained faggots would be anything but a shit show.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
The Flash is flopping worse than the harshest critic's wildest imaginings. They held back the finished movie for years, hoping the Ezra Miller thing would blow over, and in the meantime, a bunch of other Multiverse movies got filmed, released and beat them to market. Hilarious.
as it should. fucking hollywood hypocrites.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Remember when Michael Keaton passed on doing a third Batman movie because he was concerned with it's quality. Now he's appearing in this trash so don't assume another Batman movie infested with CGI written by a focus group of AI brained faggots would be anything but a shit show.

He doesn’t need to work now and I doubt a flop will damage his career at this point.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He doesn’t need to work now and I doubt a flop will damage his career at this point.
Agreed but it's sad to see great actors like Keaton sell out for a few more mil to star in these green screen abominations.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Agreed but it's sad to see great actors like Keaton sell out for a few more mil to star in these green screen abominations.
There's nothing Keaton could do that would be any worse than what Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, and Ben Affleck already put the character through.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

He could have done it because it genuinely seemed fun. Plus sometimes actors don’t know a thing will flop.

Sounds like he gave a good performance?

I’d sell the fuck out for Batman money. It’s not like Keaton was known for a principled stand against low brow film. What, exactly, is he selling out?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He could have done it because it genuinely seemed fun. Plus sometimes actors don’t know a thing will flop.

I’d sell the fuck out for Batman money. It’s not like Keaton was known for a principled stand against low brow film. What, exactly, is he selling out?
Never forget the masterful acting job he did in Multiplicity

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
lol @ complaining about actors selling out. Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Al Pacino, De Niro, Meryl Streep the list goes on. Once these people get to a certain point in their career they just don't care anymore. Their past work speaks for itself. It's more about getting paid and having a bit of fun.

You think Samuel L. Jackson feels like he's compromised his career or "sold out"? Fuck no. That dude will be in damn near anything.

The only true sellouts are people like Kevin Hart and Adam Sandler.

Now go watch Birdman you fucks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
lol @ complaining about actors selling out. Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Al Pacino, De Niro, Meryl Streep the list goes on. Once these people get to a certain point in their career they just don't care anymore. Their past work speaks for itself. It's more about getting paid and having a bit of fun.

You think Samuel L. Jackson feels like he's compromised his career or "sold out"? Fuck no. That dude will be in damn near anything.

Wait a minute, how is Sandler a sellout? He's stuck exactly to what brought him to the party.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Keaton at the Oscars having to put his speech notes away, man, that was brutal.

Shoulda won, not even kidding.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I already explained this. Keaton passed on Batman Forever because he didn't like the direction they were taking with the character and was not willing to do the movie even though he was presumably offered a larger sum of money than previous installments. That's called artistic integrity and any actor appearing in these recent comic book cinematic abortions that previously claimed to be picky about what they appeared in is selling out.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I already explained this. Keaton passed on Batman Forever because he didn't like the direction they were taking with the character and was not willing to do the movie even though he was presumably offered a larger sum of money than previous installments. That's called artistic integrity and any actor appearing in these recent comic book cinematic abortions that previously claimed to be picky about what they appeared in is selling out.

Anthony Hopkins basically said the same thing about him being in Thor. I think “no acting required” is how he referred to it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

I would've turned down being in an ultra-gay musical as well. Shcumacher Batman is AWWWFUUULLLLL

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s so bad they even have a really great joke about it in Batman: The Animated Series.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
alright. I went to see Flash.

The CG is not great. That is well known at this point. It doesnt detract from the film too much, but they should have stylized the CG instead of aiming for pseudo realism. It's not as bad a Modock, but it aint great. I don't think anyone is going to talk about this movie and not mention the CG, which is kind of a shame. The vast majority of scenes are excellent CG, but it falls apart whenever a human's face is involved. It's weird in that some scenes even impressive, and others look like a PS4 game. I'm sure this has to do with how the film industry contracts out special effects, but it's not helping this movie.

The story is pretty damn good for DC. This is probably one of the best put together DC movies. It manages to cover an origin story without being an origin story, which my wife greatly appreciated. She knows nothing of the Flash. Ezra is a good actor when they are not being crazy IRL. Keaton was a beast, and I would not consider this selling out at all. It was a great reprisal of the role, and suited the move well. Im generally cautious with movies that play with time, but this one handles it well.

Set expectations low, have a good time.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I think there were probably multiple reasons Keaton quit Batman. Everyone quits those jobs.