Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I guess I don't understand why anyone cares about Star Wars in 2019. I gave up after that last jedi turd came out... I can't give Disney any more money for this franchise.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
It's very hard to believe someone can be so smart as to take over the galaxy. Lose it. Gain it back. go in hiding. Take back over the galaxy. Lost it. Go in hiding. rebuild a massive fleet.again and then yet again. Put all your eggs in one basket trying to turn a jedi....yet again.... and then get your fleet blown up again for the 5th?or 6th time? and repeat your death...repeat......

This movie could have been much worse. You can tell half of it was trying to fix Last Jedi. It's so disjointed because the trilogy is really 2 movies with some random shit in the middle.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Spoiler:
It's very hard to believe someone can be so smart as to take over the galaxy. Lose it. Gain it back. go in hiding. Take back over the galaxy. Lost it. Go in hiding. rebuild a massive fleet.again and then yet again. Put all your eggs in one basket trying to turn a jedi....yet again.... and then get your fleet blown up again for the 5th?or 6th time? and repeat your death...repeat......

This movie could have been much worse. You can tell half of it was trying to fix Last Jedi. It's so disjointed because the trilogy is really 2 movies with some random shit in the middle.

My exact thoughts. I just got home. I need think about what I just saw before posting anything detailed, but overall I liked it and like you said, it could’ve been so much worse.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Saw it. It's better in the first half. There's adventure and chemistry, etc. It kind of goes south when they remember it's time to wrap things up. Awkward incorporation of Leia. They really should have figured out an ending that didn't involve Palpatine. Mendelson may have been over the top in his criticism but you can see what he's talking about when
Spoiler:
Hux gets gunned down by a first order officer who served in the empire and Poe gets cockblocked on a rescue by Lando in the Falcon.

It was an okay ride.
Spoiler:
Chewie got a medal. We got to see Wedge again.

End of the day it's the conclusion of a second unnecessary trilogy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
If they dont rectify the massive "Who/what the fuck was/is Snoke?" plot hole then it's an instant failure.

Snoke was bupkis! Palpatine found him in a Cracker Jack box!

Edit:
Spoiler:
90omamop5n541.pngHe's got more if he needs them!

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Okay so here is my question to the actual Star Wars fans here. How can you be fans of the original trilogy, watch these new ones and accept them as being canon? I can't personally understand with the changes to the universe brought about by the new movies that the old movies are able to make any sense. It seems like it has to be only one or the other.

I can't say the same for the prequels as they at least mostly held to the established way the universe functions. The things the fleshed out more may have been stupid as fuck but still at least say other than the character of Vader they didn't ruin everything that came before them.

Mind you when I say they new movies ruin the old films, it doesn't mean they original films are worse to watch. They still stand as good as every, I just mean that the break the continuity of the universe established in the originals where they no longer make any sense in the big picture.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rules of Star Wars:
1. Palpatine is behind everything
2. If it turns out Palpatine is not behind something, see rule 1.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Game: take a shot when an SJW says incel and take a bump of coke when an incel says SJW and keep playing until you meet Chris Farley in Valhalla.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Game: take a shot when an SJW says incel and take a bump of coke when an incel says SJW and keep playing until you meet Chris Farley in Valhalla.

Tournament: Take 50 SJW and 50 incel, lock them in an arena with 10lbs of coke and see who emerges victorious...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
How can you be fans of the original trilogy, watch these new ones and accept them as being canon?

Most SW fans treat canon like Christianity. You just pick and choose the parts you want to believe. Just ignore the other parts like they don't exist. Boom, now it fits your narrative and everyone else just doesn't 'get it'

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Most SW fans treat canon like Christianity. You just pick and choose the parts you want to believe. Just ignore the other parts like they don't exist. Boom, now it fits your narrative and everyone else just doesn't 'get it'

Wait, Jedis aren’t supposed to stone their unruly padwans?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Canon is all we have in this fleeting, ephemeral holographic plane of existence.
It's all we have

are we talking Canon-Canon or Canon-Legends?
Canon messed up some key stuff that made Legends great. Legends also started to get a lil wonky with all the EU content.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
are we talking Canon-Canon or Canon-Legends?
Canon messed up some key stuff that made Legends great. Legends also started to get a lil wonky with all the EU content.

Canon-Canon my good sir
What is this Legends you speak off? Pray tell

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
The new official terminology according to Disney
Canon : All SW movies(some prequel stuff retconned). The Clone Wars. Rebels. and all material created after the acquisition. a few comics.
Legends : All the EU from before the Disney acquisition is now not Canon, and only referred to as Legends. Luke never grew into his power like in legends. Han and Leia never had twins. Dark Empire didn't happen... Kyber crystals replace Kaiburr crystals. Chewie never died. and so on....

So, you are now left with a disjointed SW fanbase where some can move on and accept the new Canon, and others can't let go to of Legends....
Personally, I'm somewhere in between, so I choose which parts I can accept. Ignore the rest.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The new official terminology according to Disney
Canon : All SW movies(some prequel stuff retconned). The Clone Wars. Rebels. and all material created after the acquisition. a few comics.
Legends : All the EU from before the Disney acquisition is now not Canon, and only referred to as Legends. Luke never grew into his power like in legends. Han and Leia never had twins. Dark Empire didn't happen... Kyber crystals replace Kaiburr crystals. Chewie never died. and so on....

So, you are now left with a disjointed SW fanbase where some can move on and accept the new Canon, and others can't let go to of Legends....
Personally, I'm somewhere in between, so I choose which parts I can accept. Ignore the rest.

Ah thanks for that.
A schism for our times

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, all canon aside, the new movies still don't fit in with the originals. The story that was played out in the new ones totally invalidates pretty much everything that happened in the movies before it, yet they are holding them as canon. It makes no sense to me. I'm not a huge fan or anything, I just like watching movies and from what I've seen it's just insane how bad this new stuff is to watch.

I understand why it was done the way it was, I just don't understand how a person can enjoy the old ones and new ones both with the idea that they are in the same setting and same characters. It just makes no sense at all to me. If someone were to only watch the new movies and have never seen the previous ones then I could understand them having a lot of fun with it, but even if you didn't like the old ones just having seen them destroys the story of the new ones, and the other way around.

fake

15 Year Member
Are there any details about the spice that Poe mentions? Is that a Dune reference?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anytime someone mentions spice in media is a reference to Dune.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Han Solo smuggled spice for Jabba the Hutt. That was what he smuggled. Dumping a huge load of spice because he was 'pulled over- by the empire was why he owed Jabba money. C3-P0 also refers to it as 'the spice mines of Kessel' in one one of the OT films.

So it's probably space coke.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Literally every time I go to the grocery store I'm like dude I hope this place paid the Herbert family for the use of "spice" in the spice aisle.

fake

15 Year Member
Han Solo smuggled spice for Jabba the Hutt. That was what he smuggled. Dumping a huge load of spice because he was 'pulled over- by the empire was why he owed Jabba money. C3-P0 also refers to it as 'the spice mines of Kessel' in one one of the OT films.

So it's probably space coke.

Ah, OK. Good memory.

What about Guy Fieri?