Watches

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just a quick update, I ended up buying a Submariner from a local authorized dealer. Wait time was around 30 days. I’m very happy with it and think it will be my default watch.

Thanks for the suggestions earlier in the thread.
What color? Date or no date? Pics??

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Same, non date ftw. Unsure how you just managed to walk in and buy one!
Yeah it was weird, one dealer told me like 2 years wait and couldn’t be bothered to entertain any of my questions.

The other dealer was super friendly and she asked when I was looking to get it and I said maybe like 6-12 months, wasn’t really sure on the timing. Went there on 9/9 and put my name down for one, got the call today that they had one for me. Definitely surprised me!

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Same, non date ftw. Unsure how you just managed to walk in and buy one!
Some dealer have connections and seem to get stuff quicker , I had mine service at a Rolex technician he was able to have a turn around in 30 days. The local dealer turn around was 3-6 months .

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Saw this weird Rolex in a blue box in Seoul. Didn’t go in to ask for price.

IMG_4646.jpeg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Custom bracelets are a thing, at least it had the original

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
They do it in a 40 or something. My preference is 36mm
Gentlemen wear 'small' watches

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
They do it in a 40 or something. My preference is 36mm
Gentlemen wear 'small' watches

I can't wear anything smaller than 38. Ends up looking dainty on my 7 inch wrist (178 mm). I won't go bigger than 42. I think my sweet spot is 40 but my newest watch is a 38 which has that dressier look to it.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I thought my wrists were average but will have to check

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's almost like it's a grown up hobby compared to 'my lil retrogaming museum' everyone's trying to 'curate' lol

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I posted about this earlier. For the first three seasons of Magnum PI he wore an Chronosport Sea Quartz before switching over to a Pepsi Rolex.

The original owners have created a new brand called Momentum that has a watch called the Sea Quartz. So being a fan of the show I ordered one since the specs are good sapphire crystal, 300 m Water resistance, etc.

Never ordered a micro brand watch or a watch with a tropic strap but got this in today (with a free Hawaiian Shirt as well lol)

IMG_8746.jpeg
Here’s presumably a Magnum PI picture of the OG watch

IMG_8750.jpeg
42 mm but wears smaller on my wrist than my other dive watches (plastic still on)

IMG_8747.jpeg

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't think I'll ever get a dive watch at the rate I'm going. I definitely prefer dress watches. I need to take a pic of my new Citizen watch that I picked up while in Japan. I saw a lot of cool vintage watches there but also a ton of Rolexes. It's like a Rolex warehouse in that country.

Never ordered a micro brand watch or a watch with a tropic strap but got this in today (with a free Hawaiian Shirt as well lol)

Where's the Hawaiian shirt pic?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Where's the Hawaiian shirt pic?
79jvfs-F-3312021848.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got a nice deal on a SARB033 from YAJ. Some scuffs on the bracelet but I'll want to swap that anyway.
View attachment 69819

Nice. Specs look good too:

Automatic Movement with 50-hour power reserve Sapphire Crystal Japanese-automatic Movement Case Diameter: 38. 4mm Water-resistant to 100m (330ft)