Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I still don't know how Spartacus made John Hannah a badass.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thinking more about the show,

Bran really should not have been king, for the same reason Tyrion gave to Jon about Dany being a bad queen. Bran’s power gives him a certainty of righteousness, even when it doesn’t seem deserved. He let winterfell get nearly wiped out by wights, and Theon, Jorah, Dondarrion, etc killed. He let Missandei die. He let hundreds of thousands of people in Kings Landing, and in their living rooms watching tv, get ass burnt. He could have stopped it all. He could have curbed Daenerys’s madness by preventing the deaths of her safety features, Missandei, Jorah, Rhaegal. He could have done so much to protect life, while still navigating the fucking six kingdoms to the end of primogeniture. But he did nothing, to the same degree that Dany did everything.

All this to give us some brothel jokes, and meme about Jon and Tormund in wedding garb prancing into the land of always winter, and a lot of unanswered questions that no one cares about because the ending feels more like an invalidation of the decision to invest in 73+ hours of television.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
But but but the wheel is broken because one of the spokes fell off!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's because he was lying when he said he didn't 'want' anymore. Tyrion, who was putting on a huge fake act out of not wanting to be Hand, got called out on it by Bran even - "And I don't want to be king." Bran would make a great Master of Whisperers but a terrible king. Bronn will kill him in a few weeks and then become the new King of Westeros.

You know what's dumb as fuck though? Sansa. This whole season she's been a bitch, you can tell from the shaped eyebrows alone. "The North will remain an independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years." What the hell is stopping all the other lords from saying the exact same thing?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm surprised the masses were mad enough about not getting the ending they wanted. I thought the everybody liked House Stark and it seems like they won for the most part.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's because he was lying when he said he didn't 'want' anymore. Tyrion, who was putting on a huge fake act out of not wanting to be Hand, got called out on it by Bran even - "And I don't want to be king." Bran would make a great Master of Whisperers but a terrible king. Bronn will kill him in a few weeks and then become the new King of Westeros.

You know what's dumb as fuck though? Sansa. This whole season she's been a bitch, you can tell from the shaped eyebrows alone. "The North will remain an independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years." What the hell is stopping all the other lords from saying the exact same thing?

Me and my wife looked at each other when Sansa declared independence for the North while the other kingdoms just sat there like dolts and accepted. We both thought that was offputting fan service. But fuck it, you know?

This would never be so tidy in the books. It could, literally, lead to an entire new series.

Or Bran could have said 'No, because that isn't fair to everyone else.'

Instead he just sat there. Maybe he saw a cloud that looked like a dragon and got distracted at that very moment.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I suppose the only reason the other kingdoms are okay with this is that they don't have any army to contest. The show implies that the north has a serviceable army while all the other kingdoms (including KL) are down to a skeleton crew. But then, it still doesn't make much sense since the Iron Born still has a few ships and don't need no king. Anyway, it is all dumb and dumber and isn't worthy of any deep discussion.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Again.

Jon kills the monarch = banishment
Jaime kills the monarch = kings guard management.

Dafuq

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That’s where he was planning to go with Missandei, but instead he brings all his dudes there.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Again.

Jon kills the monarch = banishment
Jaime kills the monarch = kings guard management.

Dafuq

Yeah...I kind of agree with this. I think much ofthe world didn't give a good shit about Dany and her dragon and was probably pretty relieved when they heard news she was dead. For the most part, I think that the Unsulliedand possibly the Dothraki were the only ones to give a good shit (besides the lesbian Ironborn).

They should have just said "Here's the deal, dickless, you and those horse riding animals raped and murdered 1000's of innocents and your so called queen turned into a homicidal maniac so unless you wan to be hunted down as criminals for the rest of your life, you'd better turn John over to us."

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You guys are silly...If they didn't banish Jon, you would be complaining about that too. What purpose would he have been if he was known as the Queenslayer among his peers. Look what happen to Jamie.

Also, why cause another war, when this option here is peace. Jon wanted to go back to the North anyway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You guys are silly...If they didn't banish Jon, you would be complaining about that too. What purpose would he have been if he was known as the Queenslayer among his peers. Look what happen to Jamie.

Also, why cause another war, when this option here is peace. Jon wanted to go back to the North anyway.

Are you talking to anyone here or just giving a counterpoint that you read off TMZ?

Toaster Strudel

back to basics
15 Year Member
The problem with the finale was really how slow it was. Slow and unsatisfying. :rolleyes: the ASOIAF book scene with Samwell was a colossal sadfap. Best scene was Brienne writing Jaime’s entry.

Just got the chance to watch the finale. I agree the best part of the episode was the Jaime entry in the book and the Edmure getting told to sit the fuck down scene. This was so disappointing. Ended things too quickly in some parts of the season only to have slow, meaningless, and dull shit to fill the time saved.

Toaster Strudel

back to basics
15 Year Member
This was my question...how intelligent are the dragons in this world? Definitely not Middle Earth intelligent. Drogan couldn't seem to tell that Dany had a giant blade sticking out of her gut...nor could he put 2+2 together to see that John did it...so was the melting of the iron throne because it happened to be in the way?

I will say it's mighty convenient the way the story just skipped right over those crucial moments when John had to go tell everyone "Yeah...so our queen is dead and her body was, er, carried off somewhere...so there's that..."

When the screen went black right after that scene, I turned and said to my wife "man, I hope they're not going to do some "six weeks later" horse shit".....and then they did.

I think you and jro are over thinking the throne melting scene. The writers and producers probably that would just be a cool way to symbolize the breaking of the wheel and fuck the consequences of plot holes.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member

Yeah I haven't liked Sansa since she fed the dogs. She has had this I'm a bitch air to her. She caused the massacre at kings landing by telling Tyrion about Johns identity. Dany's homicidal tendencies would have come out later though regardless I'm sure. Don't think I like her IRL either since her comment that people not liking the last season is disrespectful of the show and everybody who worked on it.

I changed my mind I'll probably re-watch the first 5-6 seasons one day. Maybe if I have a girlfriend who hadn't watched it. So many different stories and characters going on and it was hard to keep track the first time you watched it. Plenty of new stuff to see.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
TBH I don't really understand Tyrion's stance on Dany. He basically says that Dany did horrible things to horrible people who deserved those things, and therefore she was bad the whole time. I don't agree with that. The slavers and whatnot deserved to be killed eye-for-an-eye style. It may make Dany ruthless but not evil. She never murdered an innocent person. She clearly crossed the line at King's Landing and she should've paid the price for that (IMO, Arya should've added her to her list at the end of the penultimate episode), but that was the first time she was bold-faced wrong.