Search results

1. SouthtownKid

Anybody know anything about air conditioning?

Still brutally hot and oppressively humid, and yesterday, the a/c unit in the room starts making a cracking noise. Still making the blowing at full blast sound, but no air comng out. I open it up, and under the filters there's a sheet of ice covering everything. I've thawed it out and soaked...
  2. SouthtownKid

I'm surprised there's no Larry King thread

Not that I'm a big fan or anything, but still surprised. RIP
  3. SouthtownKid

Anybody here playing Metal Slug Attack?

Just curious if anyone else is playing this, or if there's a N-G.com league or something. I just started playing it last week, and it's pretty fun for a tower defense game. Better than Metal Slug Defense, which I only played for about 5 minutes.
  4. SouthtownKid

American ex-pats in Japan -- Taxes?

Hey, all. I'm getting ready to relocate back to Japan, semi-permanently this time. At least a few years. Before this, even when I was working there, I did it 3 months at a time and kind of off the books. And the schools I worked for handled whatever they needed to handle. But this time I'll...
  5. SouthtownKid

Letterman Retiring in 2015

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/03/david-letterman-retiring/?ncid=webmail14 There goes the only late night host that ever made me laugh. He's earned a nice retirement, but I hope he's able to adjust to life without a steady stream of hot female interns. Vaya con dios, Dave. And Paul. It's not...
  6. SouthtownKid

Movie Player for Mac?

Hey, party people. I've just upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion, which means the movie player I've been using to watch .mkv files and whatnot, MPlayer OSX Extended, no longer works. Does anyone know a good alternative and where to find it? Thanks in advance.
  7. SouthtownKid

Must-Have Games for DS/3DS

So I'm thinking about getting either a 3DS XL or DSi XL. What are the must-have games (excluding cutesy crap) for each? I'm sure I will eventually play and even enjoy the Mario games, but those really aren't my interest anymore, even when they are well done. But when I look on amazon, it...
  8. SouthtownKid

Mayan Credibility Is On the Line

Not many days left before Mayan put-up-or-shut-up day. No more property taxes. No more income taxes. No more worrying about health insurance, car insurance, or other modern life bullshit problems. Will the Mayans come through? Will you ever be able to trust the Mayans again if they don't?
  9. SouthtownKid

Happy Late Birthday Average Joe

Happy late birthday to one of the forum's best and -- despite the fact none of us made a thread -- most universally liked members. Joe is right up there with Domino for having never pissing off anyone, as far as I can remember, ever. I am deeply disappointed in each and every one of you...
  10. SouthtownKid

WTF there is an EPIC BEARD MAN MOVIE?

...starring Danny Trejo?! 7Us_9IXfubk They even got the Amber Lamps line in there: 9nUsUV2yUdY And it's coming out next week? You guys are slipping.
  11. SouthtownKid

Okay, go time. Favorite Detective or Cop Mystery show of the 1980s

Series that began sometime in the period from 1980 to 1989. I had to include that limiter or Rockford Files would mess me up and I'd have a tough time choosing. And I'm specifically talking about mystery shows, not procedurals or ongoing drama series like Hill Street Blues. I mean shows where...
  12. SouthtownKid

N-G.com PROTIP -- 6 Jan, 2012 Edition

When you are playing darts wear shoes.
  13. SouthtownKid

KOF XIII: remove a team member/add a team member

Simple premise: try to build your dream KOF roster while maintaining the same total number of playable characters in XIII. Remove ONE character from each existing team, and slot in ONE previously-existing KOF character who didn't make the XIII roster. The restrictions are that you have to...
  14. SouthtownKid

Kubrick Collection Blu-Ray half off TODAY 11/10/11

One day only, $63 for: Spartacus / Lolita / Dr. Strangelove / 2001: A Space Odyssey / A Clockwork Orange / Barry Lyndon / The Shining / Full Metal Jacket / Eyes Wide Shut...
  15. SouthtownKid

Where the fuck is the Happy Birthday, Average Joe thread?!

I have manged to miss posting in almost all birthday threads for nearly a year (even ones I meant to post in), so this shouldn't come down to me, you insufferable assholes. How could you let this happen? Is there anyone who doesn't think Joe is one of the most quality members here? I doubt...
  16. SouthtownKid

MGS Peace Walker -- Are You Serious?

So I finally got around to picking this up and playing it, and...are you kidding me? THIS is what everyone was so excited about? I'm about 10-12 story levels in (about to go to Strangelove's lab) and have also done all the extra missions so far and I have to say I feel a bit let down by this...
  17. SouthtownKid

Merc, Leiji Matsumoto Fans, how did I not hear about this?

I guess I'm glad I didn't know about this a year ago so I didn't have to go through the agonizing wait, but holy crap. CPoNTjwPb5w 5sJrCxD3Zz0 trailer is larger if you actually go to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sJrCxD3Zz0 Looks like they took some inspiration from the...
  18. SouthtownKid

Favorite 3 KOFs in terms of...

...everything EXCEPT gameplay. Roster: 1. 2002 2. XI 3. 2001 Music: 1. '96 2. 2000 3. XI Backgrounds: 1. '94 2. '96 3. 2000 Openings (not counting ports): 1. 2001 2. 2000 3. '94 Story -- okay this is a dumb category but deal with it: 1. 2001 2. 2000 3. XI Nostalgia: 1. '94 2. '95 3. '98...
  19. SouthtownKid

Movies You Might Like if its Fans Weren't So Irritating

1. Donnie Darko
  20. SouthtownKid

New Square-Enix RPG... for iPhone: 'Chaos Rings'

official website and trailer touchArcade.com article IGN article "This planned 3D RPG is not a port of an existing game, but it does have some well-known Square names behind its development, such as Yusuke Naora, who designed characters for Final Fantasy VII."